1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Lezyne Alloy Drive vs Alloy Drive CFH

There's no pump store so I figured I"d put this here.

Is there any difference between the two products above except for the mounting bracket that holds 2 CO2 cartridges? The LBS has the Alloy Drive but not the CFH. If the hose for the Alloy Drive will mount the CO2 cartridges that would be great because I dont plan on frame mounting anyway.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Lezyne Alloy Drive vs. Alloy Drive CFH

The Lezyne Alloy Drive is unfortunately not compatible with the CFH hose or with CO2 cartridges, but it does happen to be lighter than the CFH version. It is only supposed to be utilized as a hand pump.

The Lezyne Alloy Drive CFH was designed to be usable as a hand pump OR as a CO2 inflator. The main difference lies in the design of the hose which is made of braided metal and is able to withstand the high pressures and low temperatures of CO2 cartridges. The two hoses are different sizes. The CFH version also uses the Flip Thread Chuck design.

Read more at the web page below. Click the CO2 Flex Hose button.

Lezyne Pump Tech

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks.

I just picked up an alloy drive at REI today. The local store only had the AD, but the one across town has the CFH.

Coincidentally, I just picked up a job across town that I'll do in the next couple days, so I may take the AD back and pick up the CFH.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Picked up the CFH. Used the pump last night to air up a couple of road tires. Worked very well.