1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: Leg guards

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Leg guards

I got a pretty big tattoo on my leg, well from my ankles and all the way around up to the knee. I want to get something to protect it when im out. Do you know anything that wraps all the way around the knee, is pretty lights and flexible? Would be great if the same thing can be used for soccer as well! Maybe some kind of protective sleeve if someone has invented that.

~Disc~Golf~
    pants
    Honestly... ahh I give up

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide

... and if we just ...

Although I don't have a big tattoo, I do value my knee/shins so I bought these http://www.mtbr.com/cat/mtb-apparel-...40_134crx.aspx
    They are warm, but frankly I'd rather sweat than bleed and just this AM I landed on coral rock with my right knee and I was fine ...YMMV

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW
    Although I don't have a big tattoo, I do value my knee/shins so I bought these http://www.mtbr.com/cat/mtb-apparel-...40_134crx.aspx
    They are warm, but frankly I'd rather sweat than bleed and just this AM I landed on coral rock with my right knee and I was fine ...YMMV
    Well im in Miami so it will def be warm, but rather that than ruin $2000 ink lol

I was looking more for something like this

More like a compression sleeve or something, but i dont know if that is gonna help anything

Or like this http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...JoH6lwekvdSCDA

mtbr member
    Depends on what you want to be protected against. Highdell is right on the mark: Pants are the most obvious solution. You might still raze your skin though on severe spills or when running aggressive pedals. Next step would be to wrap your leg in a bandage. No kidding. And finally you could go full leg pads. The roach above works fine. Warm though.

But be aware: Nothing is perfect. I had spills bad enough to road rash my skin under the armor.
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

... and if we just ...

Funny as I live in S.Fl too dividing my time between Ft Likkertail and the Keys... I know the heat too
    I bought them pads for impact protection as Markham Park has coral rock everywhere, and since I am new at it I need all the protection I can. I fish for a living and breaking something is not an option right now..
    $2K in ink eh?? That's gotta be one heck of a tattoo...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW
    Funny as I live in S.Fl too dividing my time between Ft Likkertail and the Keys... I know the heat too
    I bought them pads for impact protection as Markham Park has coral rock everywhere, and since I am new at it I need all the protection I can. I fish for a living and breaking something is not an option right now..
    $2K in ink eh?? That's gotta be one heck of a tattoo...
    Just got a big leg lol. idk getting it done on sobe thats also reflecting in the price.

How are those not annoying to ride with when they also cover the knee? Do you use them when you go on the road as well?

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by LowDog
    Just got a big leg lol. idk getting it done on sobe thats also reflecting in the price.

How are those not annoying to ride with when they also cover the knee? Do you use them when you go on the road as well?
    The guards are staying well in place and are not annoying at all. I don't use them on the street as I don't ride the streets around here..Too many cellphone pups behind the wheel