1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Leaky bite valve

How do I stop my bite valve from leaking? Last night it was like riding with a fire hose. I have a Deuter pack, and I have to do some kind of intense biting and sucking on the valve to make it stop leaking. It takes a lot of work and concentration that I'd rather devote to the trail? Even my camelback was never great at not leaking. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    You can replace the bite valve and tube for about $6 - search Google or eBay

There's no app for this.

here

you can get the Deuter one, or if the hose is the same size, most shops have Camelbak ones.

Jim

http://www.tahoemountainsports.com/s...te-valve.shtml

Double-metric mtb man
    If you needed a lot of biting to get it to work and then to stop, it's likely either a poor design or toast. Replacing it is usually the quickest, cheapest and least aggravating solution.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me