1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: ks i900r

mtbr member

ks i900r

I just mounted this but im having issue with it not tilting forward far enough. I have basically maxed out the travel on it and its still not comfortable. Obviously this comes down to personal preference in seating position. However, with my traditional post it allowed for full movement back and forth tilt. Not sure what to do about this but deal with it or go back to a stationary post.
    GT FORCE 1.0

Suck it!

mtbr member
    My KS i900 and i950 both can tilt nose down easily toward the front tire. I don't know how you would ride with it down that far. Maybe you haven't loosened up the bolt enough to release it from the grooves and tilt down. Got a pic of it maxed out tilting down?

Are you talking about sliding the seat forward? Maybe you should have gotten the i950. There is no offset on that version.

T.W.O.
    If you are talking about tilt you can flip the post forward that would allow you more tilting.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    sorry my bad I'm talking about sliding it back or down in the back so that the front end points up higher.the bolt is as far as it will go towards the front and its maxed out I can't make it go up in the front any higher. it's no wonder you don't know what I'm talking about I need to give you the right information in order for you to give me correct feedback
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    GT FORCE 1.0

Suck it!

mtbr member
    Still don't understand. I can point my saddle up and down pretty far. I think you mean slide the saddle forward or back on the seat rails. That would be fixed with a i950 that doesn't have the setback.

mtbr member
    Hopefully this will help. See how far forward the seat is (i put a board on the seat to help show the angle. And see how the bolt is as far foward as it can go. There is no way to tilt it back any further.

Last edited by henmar77; 08-02-2012 at 11:57 PM.
    GT FORCE 1.0

Suck it!

mtbr member
    Ok, that is strange. So, you can't tilt your nose up because the angle adjuster is maxed out by that bolt. Have you tried to flip the mounting bracket around? It certainly looks like the bolt is in the center, but, maybe its supposed to be mounted a certain way. Take the bolt out all the way and spin that piece that attaches to your seat around. I really don't have that issue with mine and can't check it till tonight to see if spinning mine would change that setting.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboy23 View Post
    Ok, that is strange. So, you can't tilt your nose up because the angle adjuster is maxed out by that bolt. Have you tried to flip the mounting bracket around? It certainly looks like the bolt is in the center, but, maybe its supposed to be mounted a certain way. Take the bolt out all the way and spin that piece that attaches to your seat around. I really don't have that issue with mine and can't check it till tonight to see if spinning mine would change that setting.

thanks for responding. I tried to flip it and basically i had the same problem, just in reverse. Actually me being a noob i put it on backwards by accident when i first installed it and thats how i figured out it went the other way around because it would not tilt all the way.
    GT FORCE 1.0

Suck it!

mtbr member
    I would contact KindShock and see what they have to say. They are pretty local to us (in SoCal). Maybe the mount was drilled in the wrong spot. I had a slit give in the telescoping portion and sent it to them. Got it back in about 4-5 days if i remember. I had to pay for shipping to them, but, it was worth it considering these are some of the least expensive droppers on the market.

I did check mine on the way out to the car and was able to tilt mine similar to yours and then tilt it back. Basically, on a clock, mine tilts from about 2-4. It looks like yours tilts from 3:30-5ish. I can see why that would be annoying. Call up KS and see what they say.

mtbr member
    Already called KS. rep asked for pics and details so im just waiting for a response. Will let you know.
    GT FORCE 1.0

Suck it!

T.W.O.
    You can move the bottom cup (lifting) matching the teeth and place it at the right angle. The bolt slot allow you to fine tune the angle more. I have a few bikes that requires more extreme angle than yours and it's possible.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Paste eater
    That bolt is not "maxed out". Mimi is right, you can move the cup too. You really need to lossen it alot sometimes. I have the same post, and adjusting the saddle is a bit finicky for sure.

mtbr member
    I have dissembled and reassembled the whole thing. The bolt and spacer/washer are touching the from side of the post mount. its maxed out and the cup is as far forward as its going to go.
    GT FORCE 1.0

Suck it!

mtbr member
    You know, looking at it again, you may still be able to tilt it up. Loosen the bolt enough to lift the saddle mount teeth away from the post teeth. Now, move the mount to the rear of the post instead of the front. This should cain you some ability to tilt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ks i900r-img_1962.jpg  

Save Jesus
    I would blame your seat for this. Most of the medium and higher end bike seats have a top surface that is parallel to the rails.

mtbr member
    Did you throw the bike in the trash or did KS ever respond? Faulty product or setup issue?

mtbr member
    According to KS the seat has to much pitch in the rear. So beanbag was correct according to the KS rep. So now i need some suggestions for a new seat teats more flat. I want something that's more on the comfortable side as apposed to power.
    GT FORCE 1.0

Suck it!

Save Jesus
    wtb speed v is a common seat. Go to a bike store and look for a bike that already has it installed, so you can sit on it.