1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: Kona Nunu?

jli
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Kona Nunu?

Hey,
    i realize i have been asking a lot of questions about different bikes, so sorry if i'm annoying anybody. Anyways, my dad got a new bike and left behind a Kona Nunu thats in fairly good shape. i want to use it but don't know if it would be better to take that for maybe a year or so and the get another bike when i can afford it, or get a better bike used and just build off that. I don't have time to do dj, so i would probably onlybe attempting to do street. I'm about 5'5 and 120 lbs, though i still expect to grow a few inches.

Thanks
    Jeffrey

Hardbooter
    The Nunu is a cross country bike, is it not?

I don't know about trying to do urban assault if that's what you mean by street.

jli
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    yeah... i probably should have done more research. sorry.