1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member

KHS DJ 50 dirt jumper

I just ordered a DJ 50 dirt jumper large frame, this isw my first bike and i should get it by next week and i talked to the owner and i am going to put it together in his shop with his help so i know about my bike all the in's and out's, was wondering if anyone has had a DJ 50 or know any stories or have opinions on it.... by the way its my starter bike....thx

cougarbait
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member

Dj 50

well i have had my DJ for about one week now and have been riding it mostly around town and at bike parks because i want to be ready for what the bike can handle before i take it out on some trails i have lined up. I have been riding down stadium stairs and local dirt/mud trails and jumping it at construction sites off dirt mounts and loss gravel paths trying to see if my past history of breaking bikes would continue. So far it has held up to everything i have done to it... the breaks work great even it wet and muddy areas, gears are great i am able to get to were im going up or down hills, I have been doing 5-10 foot drops and it has all held up. I plan on taking it out to the "hills of hell" here in Oklahoma withing 2 months (when the weather is better for riding and i dont freeze my ass off). Ill let you know how it does...