mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Are kenda Kwest tires ok for trainer?

I bought a hutchinson 26x1.25 for my 06 nashbar mag trainer. the tire is so small a i cant get the trainer to make firm contact with the tire. the adjutment bolt only pushes the roller up so far. i was wondering if i got a larger tire like the kwest 26x1.95 would it work ok. thats about the only slick tire my lbs carries. or do i need to send the trainer back

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Just about any totally slick tire will work fine with a trainer. You can return the trainer if you want but just check what tire size the new trainer you get can take before buying it.

I run a 26 X 1.95 tire on my trainer and it works fine. It will have a little more resistance and make a little bit more noise than a skinnier tire but it's not really a big deal. Just make sure you inflate it to it's max pressure and you should be fine.

Jim

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary76
    I bought a hutchinson 26x1.25 for my 06 nashbar mag trainer. the tire is so small a i cant get the trainer to make firm contact with the tire. the adjutment bolt only pushes the roller up so far. i was wondering if i got a larger tire like the kwest 26x1.95 would it work ok. thats about the only slick tire my lbs carries. or do i need to send the trainer back
    Personaly i run a set of Specialized FATBOY tires on my trainer and when i'm on the road. I think that would be a good choice for you if you can get them.Plus their fairly inexpensive at 20.00 a piece