1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    banned
    Mar 2011

Just a thank you

I've been involved with forums for a long time now and I understand the forum culture. In saying that I believe not enough thanks are given to people that have given such priceless information that otherwise, would of cost us lots of money to get "Pre-Internet"

I've saved tons of money using forums, from car repairs, relationships and now bikes(my new hobby) and I'd just like to give thanks to those who have given me priceless information and help on this forum.... I am glad to be here and to have found the Mountain Biking culture, because the people and the trails themselves have been and still are my saviour in my hard times I am currently going through.

I won't give up biking and I owe it all to you all.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    , I feel the same way

mtbr member
    yes, forums have made life so much easier and given me some good laughs along the way. I have also made very good friends through forums. Thanks to all of the help. I am new to this forum but have already had many questions answered and will probably have many many more answered. Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Without a doubt mtbr.com has saved me a lot of time and money. All of the time I saved has since been spent reading unrelated forums and posts. Oh, and that money I saved? Well, you people keep giving me new and exciting ideas on how to spend it!
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

Nickel Havr
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede_Illusion View Post
    I've been involved with forums for a long time now and I understand the forum culture. In saying that I believe not enough thanks are given to people that have given such priceless information that otherwise, would of cost us lots of money to get "Pre-Internet"

I've saved tons of money using forums, from car repairs, relationships and now bikes(my new hobby) and I'd just like to give thanks to those who have given me priceless information and help on this forum.... I am glad to be here and to have found the Mountain Biking culture, because the people and the trails themselves have been and still are my saviour in my hard times I am currently going through.

I won't give up biking and I owe it all to you all.

Thanks

D@M... Who gave you negative rep?
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blake
    Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street .

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckstream1 View Post
    D@M... Who gave you negative rep?
    Well, he just got a positive one from me - I feel the same, and I haven't even bought my bike yet!

mtbr member
    Yeah the forums are great! Thanks to all of the guys who are here helping just because! I love how I can post a question and have like 5 answers in a few hrs that's the best!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I have to pipe in and also give thanks...since being here I have saved so much money and it could have been more if I wasn't so stubborn. Every time I come to this site i learn something knew and realize just how much I don't know and have yet to learn.

Thanks Again!!!!!