sponge
    Jun 2008

Just got my frist true mnt bike

Hello I am brand new to Mountain biking.. I did a little in high school but never invested in getting my own bike or truly got into it.
    But this last week my tax return came in and I thought I deserved to get myself a gift.

So today I finally broke and picked up a Specialized Rock Hopper. I took it for a 2 hour ride on some trails in the training area of Fort Hood where I am stationed and immediately knew I had made the right choice to start riding again and to take it a bit more serious.

Tomorrow I plan to pick up some new tires cause the stock tires the bike came with have very little traction as well as some clip-less peddles / shoes. And after just a 2 hour ride I already realize I need some good riding shorts with some pads.

So here I am taking in the wealth of information doing my best to be a sponge and soak it all in.

mtbr member
    Rockhoppers are great bikes. My son rides one, and I've a Rockhopper frame that I hope to build up for myself before winter hits. Glad you're enjoying yours.

mtbr member
    Congrats and enjoy!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ah yes, welcome to the fold. Can't think of a better way to part with that economic stimulus check myself.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Have fun out there! Just got a Rockhopper (Disc) myself, I can't get out to the trails quickly enough.

There is some great info on the boards(great way to kill time at work)