1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Info. on this bike. PLEASE

Hello everyone,

I am a new member to this forums and this is my first post. Ive been looking into buying a mountain bike to start riding around trails on a daily basis, i've been looking for FS bikes all around and using all the info. on this site to guide me in the right direction, for a while i was leaning towards the Iron Horse Maverick Elite because i read the components are decent. But i thought i'd wait a little more, anyway, i was looking through CL and came across this bike http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bik/331806084.html

I looked for info. on it on google and on this site, but can't seem to find it. Does anybody know if this is a good bike or not. For 350 it seems pretty reasonable. But once again, i am new to all this so i thought i would ask everyone here.

Any info. on it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    -ROB-

local trails rider
    Looks like it is a Sports Chalet version of Iron Horse Warrior Trail

http://www.dirtragmag.com/forums//sh...?t=8161&page=2

I cannot tell how old it is and what components it has.

And the deciding point: is it a good size for you.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks for the help Pert, It was really helpful, i e-mailed the seller about the parts on it, he just said it is stock and nothing has been changed but the cables, i forgot to ask about the size so im going to call him later on today. i don't know, it seems like a nice bike, i kind of want to have a good frame to upgrade later on since from what i've read, it starts becoming sort of an obssession. Do you guys think its a decent price though?

Thanks.

I post too much.
    Decently priced, but if it doesn't fit you, then you can forget about it...

mtbr member
    May 2007

I got the BIKE!!

Haven't had the chance to go on lately but I GOT THE BIKE!!!!!!!!

The day after getting it, i took it to Peters Canyon here in OC and it was an awesome ride, well im probably impressed so much because ive never used a FS before so this was like a total transformation. But yeah, thanks for everyone's advice. And yeah, the bike did fit good, at first i thought it would be too tall for me but it actually works fine. So yeah, thanks for yer help.

-R0b-