Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    banned
    Aug 2012
    ^^^ The request was my ignorance of what Suntour markets ... Sue me !

The 9mm confusion was because of posts prior to my initial involvement in the thread, that had not been properly explained.

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    So, are you saying Suntour does have an upgrade for a 9mm QR ?

I've been under the impression, based on earlier posts, that they do not, and Nick seemed to confirm this.

I mean,
    I actually took it to mean that my cheap XTC fork was just that, and I should have bought a better bike, if I wanted to upgrade ... Something about the upgrade fork being worth the price of my entire bike.

Thing is, I didn't buy this ... I traded an old road bike for a new Low End MTB.
    Wait, WTF? You're not the original owner? Email or call Nick to see if you are eligible.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

Cow Clicker
    To be eligible and qualify for the Customer Loyalty Upgrade Program one must provide the following:
    • Serial number of current SR Suntour fork
    • Receipt of existing fork and or bicycle in which the fork came stock
    • Agreement that the fork will not be resold to a 3rd party

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    To be eligible and qualify for the Customer Loyalty Upgrade Program one must provide the following:
    • Serial number of current SR Suntour fork
    • Receipt of existing fork and or bicycle in which the fork came stock
    • Agreement that the fork will not be resold to a 3rd party
    Read what I wrote, again !

If a dealer wants to trade a new bike for a used high-end road bike, and gives me a receipt for the new bike that is factory spec'd with a low-end Suntour fork ... What's it to you ?

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    Read what I wrote, again !

If a dealer wants to trade a new bike for a used high-end road bike, and gives me a receipt for the new bike that is factory spec'd with a low-end Suntour fork ... What's it to you ?
    I did read your post and you mentioned nothing about a dealer. All you said was you didn't buy the bike. I told you to call or email Nick to see if you were eligible.

Read my dozen posts on the subject again. If you have ANY questions about the program, email or call NICK. Stop confusing people by asking questions and demanding I "turn over control of the thread" to a guy who asked to be reached via email or phone with any questions regarding the program.

Also, coming into a thread about a Suntour upgrade program and announcing how you're going to buy a competitor's fork because you misunderstood the program because YOU NEVER EMAILED OR CALLED NICK, is a dick thing to do.

If you have any questions about the program, call or email Nick. If you have any questions about the products, call or email Nick. If you are unsure about if a particular fork will fit your bike, call or email Nick.

mtbr member

Re: If you want to upgrade your Suntour fork

I don't want to be involved in the bickering but I will say calling is the best option.

I talked to Nick when I called and he walked me through the buying process.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Wanted to bring my findings back to the front of the line, since it may have been overlooked with all the arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    Put 15 really hard miles on it today with 85psi in the fork. It never bottomed out, even with hard landings and 3ft drops. I was standing most of the run too, so that was even more weight on the front.

I also noticed a considerable less amount of stiction on the initial compression, compared to when it was running a higher psi.

My only issue is, I think I may have to actually use the lockout on steep climbs, as the first inch or so of travel is very soft and plush. Not a bad thing, just something I'll have to adjust too.

So far I'm impressed.

Had two different people comment on the fork at the trailhead as well. They seemed to like it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Hi everyone.

For quick clarification.

Raidon LO R 26-29 is our only 9mm option.

Epicon Axon 26-29 series is high performance lighter weight that uses only 15mm thru option. We import this option only as the Epicon and Axon series are a very high end fork and with that most should and do use a 15mm thru to take advantage of steering response.

This thread is getting long and some don't have the patience to read all of the comments. So that being said if anyone has direct comments or questions please email or give me a ring M-F 9-5 PST. Email works even better. Sometimes I check it on the weekends :P.

Krunk. Glad the forking is working better. Drop the air pressure a little more. Maybe 5-8psi. You'll get more travel. Congratulations on finding that lock out lever : )

Nick
    360-737-6450 *102
    nmoore@srsuntourna.com
    SR Suntour warranty/technical advisor

mtbr member

Krunk. Glad the forking is working better. Drop the air pressure a little more. Maybe 5-8psi. You'll get more travel. Congratulations on finding that lock out lever : )
    It's deceiving because the first inch or so is so soft, but if I put my entire weight on the front bars, and bounce, I can't get it to bottom out.

So yeah, I'm gonna lower the pressure a bit.

2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    I just started this process as well. There is still snow on ground so i'm not in a huge hurry, but still pretty excited.

mtbr member
    I did the Raidon upgrade for my girlfriends bike and I have to say that I am very impressed with the fork and with the service I got from Nick. This is by far the best under $200 upgrade you can do on your bike!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    how long does the process take for getting the upgraded fork? I am thinking about getting it started or possibly saving up a little more and getting a RS Reba

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jk025 View Post
    how long does the process take for getting the upgraded fork? I am thinking about getting it started or possibly saving up a little more and getting a RS Reba
    I got mine in four shipping days (not including the weekend).
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    You call or email Nick and let him know what you want. He will input your information into their system. You then call and make a payment and your fork will ship the next business day. You do not have to get the Raidon you can also get the Epicon which they classify as their "world cup" level fork. After installing the Raidon on my girlfriends bike I have to say it is a very nice fork and for the money it cant be beat. It feels just as good as the X-Fusion Slide 29 I have on my single speed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    for the raidon 29 $175, is that the total price shipped? im thinking about upgrading

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dizwikedcbr View Post
    for the raidon 29 $175, is that the total price shipped? im thinking about upgrading
    $175 plus shipping.

mtbr member
    My new fork came yesterday. I lucked out and was sent the RL model instead of the LO. i was told only the LO wasn't available when I called an ordered. I should have it back by Monday or Tuesday.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by citiznkain View Post
    My new fork came yesterday. I lucked out and was sent the RL model instead of the LO. i was told only the LO wasn't available when I called an ordered. I should have it back by Monday or Tuesday.
    so suntour isnt offering the LO model anymore? beside the lockout, is thee any difference between the two

mtbr member
    Did you have to pay more to get the RL model? or did they just substitute it?

mtbr member
    so suntour isnt offering the LO model anymore? beside the lockout, is thee any difference between the two
    Sorry, I should have said that I was told that only the LO WAS available in black when i called. I'm Thinking I got a substitution. I didn't send much time looking at it before i took it to the shop to get installed (maybe 5 minutes). But i did look at the lock out and remote. I think the only difference between the two is just the lock mechanism, a switch on the fork, or a switch mounted to the handlebar. no cost difference. shipping was $12.70 so $162.70.

However looking at the invoice it says that i was sent the Raidon RLD. I don't think these are 2013. It doesn't bother me though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Sorry, I should have said that I was told that only the LO WAS available in black when i called. I'm Thinking I got a substitution. I didn't send much time looking at it before i took it to the shop to get installed (maybe 5 minutes). But i did look at the lock out and remote. I think the only difference between the two is just the lock mechanism, a switch on the fork, or a switch mounted to the handlebar. no cost difference. shipping was $12.70 so $162.70.

However looking at the invoice it says that i was sent the Raidon RLD. I don't think these are 2013. It doesn't bother me though.
    glad you like your forks, post some pics of the new upgrade

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I got my Raidon 29 LO x2 fork too for a couple weeks now and it has been great. totally worth 175 bucks.

mtbr member
    glad you like your forks, post some pics of the new upgrade
    I should be getting the bike back from the shop today. I also had them do a spring tune up for me (free for the first year).

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Did you guys just email Nick or did you call? I emailed him last week sometime and haven't heard back yet. I want to give him some time to reply. I can't wait to get a new fork though. Anyone know what the differences in options for the Raidon are?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Did you guys just email Nick or did you call? I emailed him last week sometime and haven't heard back yet. I want to give him some time to reply. I can't wait to get a new fork though. Anyone know what the differences in options for the Raidon are?
    i email last week also, got a automated response stating he out of the office

mtbr member

Call them.

2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Both. I called this number to order the fork over the phone: (360) 737-6450.

You can also go through your LBS and get the same deal.

These are the only option listed for the Raidon. (not sure if the list changes, but this is what Nick sent to me a couple of weeks back)
    • Raidon LO R Air Disc Blk 26” $150.00
    • Raidon LO R Air Disc Blk 29” $175.00

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Here's mine and its been great so far. mounted on a '13 HardRock 29
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails If you want to upgrade your Suntour fork-img_1060.jpg  

If you want to upgrade your Suntour fork-img_1057.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey CDR_18, what choices were you given when choosing your fork? I noticed that yours is the Raidon Lo X2 vs the Raidon Lo R X1. Is the only difference the rebound adjustment? Nice looking bike by the way.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Thats the only available for me at that time. And looking at the specs, the only difference is the stanction color. Internals are the same. Mine is chrome x2 2012 model. The X1 is 2013 model with gold colored stanctions. Nick emailed me that its the better value for the consumers. I checked their website and my fork category falls under xc/ all mountain fork. Give them a call and see whats available. 360-737-6450

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Dizwikedcbr, I paid $175 plus 12.92 on shipping. Might be higher depending where you are. Call them for the quote 360-737-6450

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_18 View Post
    Dizwikedcbr, I paid $175 plus 12.92 on shipping. Might be higher depending where you are. Call them for the quote 360-737-6450
    thanks, im still deciding if i get the raidon or spent a little more and get the rs recon

Gnar Shredder
    Jul 2012
    Hey Guys,

Have been contemplating upgrading the XCM on my 2yr old Revel 1 (26er) even before I saw this. I was wondering what this process looks like if going through an LBS? Also, is the $150 dollar model compatible with my Revel 1? (Sorry guys still learning the finer points of MTB mechanics).

Anyway need to dig up that bike receipt hopefully I have a copy of it, if not I'm pretty sure the LBS does,

eff
    mtbr member

Yes it is compatibe with the Revel 1.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    does the air fork come with a pump?

mtbr member
    does the air fork come with a pump?
    No.

If you order the fork i would suggest taking it to your LBS and have it installed. The shop can pump up the fork to whatever you want. also a good idea to take it to the LBS since they will have to cut down the steer tube and transfer the crown race. It was fairly cheap. about the same price as a tune up.

mtbr member
    So I picked up my bike from the shop yesterday. Here's some pictures of the new fork installed. From what I can tell it's a 2010 model. I'm a little annoyed with this. Yes, it's brand new, but 3 years old already. But the fork overall look and feels nice. I haven't had much of a chance to ride it yet though. It did drop some weight from my bike as well.

mtbr member
    I wonder if I can contact SRSuntour and get a remote lock-out for my LO-R X1
    2014 Scott Scale 740

Gnar Shredder
    Jul 2012
    Is your bike a Revel 0???

So I picked up my bike from the shop yesterday. Here's some pictures of the new fork installed. From what I can tell it's a 2010 model. I'm a little annoyed with this. Yes, it's brand new, but 3 years old already. But the fork overall look and feels nice. I haven't had much of a chance to ride it yet though. It did drop some weight from my bike as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    When i was on the process of ordering my fork, i asked the guy on the phone if later on i can add a lock-out mechanism to it. he said i could but the cost is on the high side. you have to change the internals. not just putting some screw and cable on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by n30n-dr3am5 View Post
    Is your bike a Revel 0???
    No, It's a Yukon FX.

mtbr member
    citiznkain,

Good looking bike and glad you like the fork. The 26" Raidon's that we have in stock are a custom model that we had made for aftermarket sales here in North America. They have a anodized black stanchion and come with an aluminum steerer. We only have 40 or so left so once they are gone that will be the last of them.

It is based on the same current platform of the MY2013 but would be considered MY2012.
    SR Suntour warranty/technical advisor

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Well, I just got my fork on order. It was pretty quick an simple. Unfortunately it's going to be about 3 weeks due to them being on back, but I can't wait to get them. I was also wondering what you used to pump the fork. Just any fork pump?
    Last edited by jk025; 03-06-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Gnar Shredder
    Jul 2012
    Sent inquiry email and called LBS to find my receipt. Trying to get my ducks in line to get one of those remaining 40 forks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    When I called to order mine they actually didn't ask for any of that info. My fork was on backorder though so maybe they'll ask for it before they ship it

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    When I called to order mine they actually didn't ask for any of that info. My fork was on backorder though so maybe they'll ask for it before they ship it
    which forks are on backorder? im planning to order the 29" raidon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SRvancouver13 View Post
    citiznkain,

Good looking bike and glad you like the fork. The 26" Raidon's that we have in stock are a custom model that we had made for aftermarket sales here in North America. They have a anodized black stanchion and come with an aluminum steerer. We only have 40 or so left so once they are gone that will be the last of them.

It is based on the same current platform of the MY2013 but would be considered MY2012.
    Thanks for the follow! This is great customer service!

Now I'm pretty excited about what I got!

mtbr member
    Is that the Raidon LO R Air Blk 26''? Was it fairly easy to install?
    "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

mtbr member
    Well, I just got my fork on order. It was pretty quick an simple. Unfortunately it's going to be about 3 weeks due to them being on back, but I can't wait to get them. I was also wondering what you used to pump the fork. Just any fork pump?
    I would suggest getting a good shock pump. They are better for high pressure applications. You might not need one on the fork because the psi will be around 80psi, give or take. Which is a little less than a road bike tire, 90 to 100. But a shock pump is more accurate in my opinion for fine tuning.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLcheesehead1 View Post
    Is that the Raidon LO R Air Blk 26''? Was it fairly easy to install?
    That is what I ordered. I had my LBS do the install because it involved cutting down the steerer tube and transferring the crown race because its a press fit.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast