1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SRvancouver13 View Post
    All forks available for aftermarket sale in a 29" wheel size use a 46mm offset.

Cheers
    Nick
    Great. Thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    I had been planning to do this upgrade at some point, but seeing that I have the new recall on the XCM on my Trek Marlin I guess I will be looking to pull the trigger on this via a Raidon fork this week. I will have to call Suntour and see how to get them my proof of purchase on the bike (once I find my receipt)!
    2013 Trek Marlin 29er stock (blue)
    2010 Giant TCX 2 Cross stock

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I wish to upgrade my xct fork on my 2012 diamondback overdrive 29er to the new epicon, however my front wheel hub has a 9mm axle/qr and on the suntour website the epicon shows as 15mm through axle. I found a dealer online that sells them as a 9mm axle/qr

Amazon.com : 2015 SR Suntour Epicon XC MTB Fork (29", 100mm, Remote Lockout, Air Spring, QR 9mm, Black, New) : Sports & Outdoors

Is this legitimate? and if so is it still covered by factory warranty as stated in the ad?

thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikerod553 View Post
    I wish to upgrade my xct fork on my 2012 diamondback overdrive 29er to the new epicon, however my front wheel hub has a 9mm axle/qr and on the suntour website the epicon shows as 15mm through axle. I found a dealer online that sells them as a 9mm axle/qr

Amazon.com : 2015 SR Suntour Epicon XC MTB Fork (29", 100mm, Remote Lockout, Air Spring, QR 9mm, Black, New) : Sports & Outdoors

Is this legitimate? and if so is it still covered by factory warranty as stated in the ad?

thanks
    I am following the same fork on eBay from the same seller. He has a 100% feedback rating but I can't speak for the legitimacy of the deal personally. Seems like a great deal. Post up if you pull the trigger.
    2013 Trek Marlin 29er stock (blue)
    2010 Giant TCX 2 Cross stock

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    So if I don't have the receipt from my bike purchase made 5 years ago and I no longer live near the bike shop from which I purchased it, I am SOL?
    -Eric
    2014 Scott Spark 940
    2014 Focus Mares CX
    2010 Scott Speedster S40
    2009 Scott Aspect 55

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Subscribing

Cow Clicker
    Glad to see this thread is still alive and so many people rockin' the Suntour!
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Is this still good? I have a xcmv3 29er that I would love to upgrade. Should I just email Nick? My bikeshop is about 3 hours away.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Tapered steerer tube

Quote Originally Posted by chipconstant View Post
    Is this still good? I have a xcmv3 29er that I would love to upgrade. Should I just email Nick? My bikeshop is about 3 hours away.
    The raidon and epicon have tapered tubes, the current xcmv3 on my Marlin is not-what about spacers, etc? Can I just order one myself and put it on?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    You cant put a tapered tube fork in a straight headset without changing the headset. Although it certainly appears from the photos on the site that all of the steerers are tapered tube on the Raidon and Epicon, I don't think that is the case.

mtbr member

Re: If you want to upgrade your Suntour fork

Quote Originally Posted by TwiceHorn View Post
    You cant put a tapered tube fork in a straight headset without changing the **bottom cup of the** headset. Although it certainly appears from the photos on the site that all of the steerers are tapered tube on the Raidon and Epicon, I don't think that is the case.
    Fixed

Also, it depends on the head tube diameter. Also this usually results in adding some atc distance on your binge which will throw off the geometry a bit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi, please watch the link i've posted. It is now possible to use tapered fork in our non-tapered headtube.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man View Post
    I am following the same fork on eBay from the same seller. He has a 100% feedback rating but I can't speak for the legitimacy of the deal personally. Seems like a great deal. Post up if you pull the trigger.
    I actually bought one of these from that seller via their ebay listing of it, should get it today.
    2012 Scott Spark 29 Team
    2013 Scott Scale 970
    2011 Scott Speedster S20
    1999 Specialized FSR Comp

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I ordered my Epicon last year through amazon seller cycle pro, and for what it's worth, the fork has been fantastic to me. Its quite light, feels fantastic, no weird noise, and holds air indefinitely. While I haven't had it apart yet, the build quality seems top notch. Even though the seller claims a 2 year warranty, I wouldn't hold my breath. But then again, you could almost buy two forks and have a spare for the price of the upgrade alone.
    • Custom 26": Epicon/x9/x7/Deore/XT
    • Motobecane 550HT
    • 24" Sapient Cruiser
    • 20" Eastern Biks BMX

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post
    I actually bought one of these from that seller via their ebay listing of it, should get it today.
    What was shipped was not what was in the pictures which looks like a real Epicon. This is something else, not sure what exactly.
    2012 Scott Spark 29 Team
    2013 Scott Scale 970
    2011 Scott Speedster S20
    1999 Specialized FSR Comp

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31