Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    banned
    Aug 2012
    ^^^ The request was my ignorance of what Suntour markets ... Sue me !

The 9mm confusion was because of posts prior to my initial involvement in the thread, that had not been properly explained.

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    So, are you saying Suntour does have an upgrade for a 9mm QR ?

I've been under the impression, based on earlier posts, that they do not, and Nick seemed to confirm this.

I mean,
    I actually took it to mean that my cheap XTC fork was just that, and I should have bought a better bike, if I wanted to upgrade ... Something about the upgrade fork being worth the price of my entire bike.

Thing is, I didn't buy this ... I traded an old road bike for a new Low End MTB.
    Wait, WTF? You're not the original owner? Email or call Nick to see if you are eligible.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

Cow Clicker
    To be eligible and qualify for the Customer Loyalty Upgrade Program one must provide the following:
    • Serial number of current SR Suntour fork
    • Receipt of existing fork and or bicycle in which the fork came stock
    • Agreement that the fork will not be resold to a 3rd party

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    To be eligible and qualify for the Customer Loyalty Upgrade Program one must provide the following:
    • Serial number of current SR Suntour fork
    • Receipt of existing fork and or bicycle in which the fork came stock
    • Agreement that the fork will not be resold to a 3rd party
    Read what I wrote, again !

If a dealer wants to trade a new bike for a used high-end road bike, and gives me a receipt for the new bike that is factory spec'd with a low-end Suntour fork ... What's it to you ?

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    Read what I wrote, again !

If a dealer wants to trade a new bike for a used high-end road bike, and gives me a receipt for the new bike that is factory spec'd with a low-end Suntour fork ... What's it to you ?
    I did read your post and you mentioned nothing about a dealer. All you said was you didn't buy the bike. I told you to call or email Nick to see if you were eligible.

Read my dozen posts on the subject again. If you have ANY questions about the program, email or call NICK. Stop confusing people by asking questions and demanding I "turn over control of the thread" to a guy who asked to be reached via email or phone with any questions regarding the program.

Also, coming into a thread about a Suntour upgrade program and announcing how you're going to buy a competitor's fork because you misunderstood the program because YOU NEVER EMAILED OR CALLED NICK, is a dick thing to do.

If you have any questions about the program, call or email Nick. If you have any questions about the products, call or email Nick. If you are unsure about if a particular fork will fit your bike, call or email Nick.

mtbr member

Re: If you want to upgrade your Suntour fork

I don't want to be involved in the bickering but I will say calling is the best option.

I talked to Nick when I called and he walked me through the buying process.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Wanted to bring my findings back to the front of the line, since it may have been overlooked with all the arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    Put 15 really hard miles on it today with 85psi in the fork. It never bottomed out, even with hard landings and 3ft drops. I was standing most of the run too, so that was even more weight on the front.

I also noticed a considerable less amount of stiction on the initial compression, compared to when it was running a higher psi.

My only issue is, I think I may have to actually use the lockout on steep climbs, as the first inch or so of travel is very soft and plush. Not a bad thing, just something I'll have to adjust too.

So far I'm impressed.

Had two different people comment on the fork at the trailhead as well. They seemed to like it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Hi everyone.

For quick clarification.

Raidon LO R 26-29 is our only 9mm option.

Epicon Axon 26-29 series is high performance lighter weight that uses only 15mm thru option. We import this option only as the Epicon and Axon series are a very high end fork and with that most should and do use a 15mm thru to take advantage of steering response.

This thread is getting long and some don't have the patience to read all of the comments. So that being said if anyone has direct comments or questions please email or give me a ring M-F 9-5 PST. Email works even better. Sometimes I check it on the weekends :P.

Krunk. Glad the forking is working better. Drop the air pressure a little more. Maybe 5-8psi. You'll get more travel. Congratulations on finding that lock out lever : )

Nick
    360-737-6450 *102
    nmoore@srsuntourna.com
    SR Suntour warranty/technical advisor

mtbr member

Krunk. Glad the forking is working better. Drop the air pressure a little more. Maybe 5-8psi. You'll get more travel. Congratulations on finding that lock out lever : )
    It's deceiving because the first inch or so is so soft, but if I put my entire weight on the front bars, and bounce, I can't get it to bottom out.

So yeah, I'm gonna lower the pressure a bit.

2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    I just started this process as well. There is still snow on ground so i'm not in a huge hurry, but still pretty excited.

mtbr member
    I did the Raidon upgrade for my girlfriends bike and I have to say that I am very impressed with the fork and with the service I got from Nick. This is by far the best under $200 upgrade you can do on your bike!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    how long does the process take for getting the upgraded fork? I am thinking about getting it started or possibly saving up a little more and getting a RS Reba

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jk025 View Post
    how long does the process take for getting the upgraded fork? I am thinking about getting it started or possibly saving up a little more and getting a RS Reba
    I got mine in four shipping days (not including the weekend).
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    You call or email Nick and let him know what you want. He will input your information into their system. You then call and make a payment and your fork will ship the next business day. You do not have to get the Raidon you can also get the Epicon which they classify as their "world cup" level fork. After installing the Raidon on my girlfriends bike I have to say it is a very nice fork and for the money it cant be beat. It feels just as good as the X-Fusion Slide 29 I have on my single speed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    for the raidon 29 $175, is that the total price shipped? im thinking about upgrading

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dizwikedcbr View Post
    for the raidon 29 $175, is that the total price shipped? im thinking about upgrading
    $175 plus shipping.

mtbr member
    My new fork came yesterday. I lucked out and was sent the RL model instead of the LO. i was told only the LO wasn't available when I called an ordered. I should have it back by Monday or Tuesday.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by citiznkain View Post
    My new fork came yesterday. I lucked out and was sent the RL model instead of the LO. i was told only the LO wasn't available when I called an ordered. I should have it back by Monday or Tuesday.
    so suntour isnt offering the LO model anymore? beside the lockout, is thee any difference between the two

mtbr member
    Did you have to pay more to get the RL model? or did they just substitute it?

mtbr member
    so suntour isnt offering the LO model anymore? beside the lockout, is thee any difference between the two
    Sorry, I should have said that I was told that only the LO WAS available in black when i called. I'm Thinking I got a substitution. I didn't send much time looking at it before i took it to the shop to get installed (maybe 5 minutes). But i did look at the lock out and remote. I think the only difference between the two is just the lock mechanism, a switch on the fork, or a switch mounted to the handlebar. no cost difference. shipping was $12.70 so $162.70.

However looking at the invoice it says that i was sent the Raidon RLD. I don't think these are 2013. It doesn't bother me though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Sorry, I should have said that I was told that only the LO WAS available in black when i called. I'm Thinking I got a substitution. I didn't send much time looking at it before i took it to the shop to get installed (maybe 5 minutes). But i did look at the lock out and remote. I think the only difference between the two is just the lock mechanism, a switch on the fork, or a switch mounted to the handlebar. no cost difference. shipping was $12.70 so $162.70.

However looking at the invoice it says that i was sent the Raidon RLD. I don't think these are 2013. It doesn't bother me though.
    glad you like your forks, post some pics of the new upgrade

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I got my Raidon 29 LO x2 fork too for a couple weeks now and it has been great. totally worth 175 bucks.

mtbr member
    glad you like your forks, post some pics of the new upgrade
    I should be getting the bike back from the shop today. I also had them do a spring tune up for me (free for the first year).

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Did you guys just email Nick or did you call? I emailed him last week sometime and haven't heard back yet. I want to give him some time to reply. I can't wait to get a new fork though. Anyone know what the differences in options for the Raidon are?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Did you guys just email Nick or did you call? I emailed him last week sometime and haven't heard back yet. I want to give him some time to reply. I can't wait to get a new fork though. Anyone know what the differences in options for the Raidon are?
    i email last week also, got a automated response stating he out of the office

mtbr member

Call them.

2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Both. I called this number to order the fork over the phone: (360) 737-6450.

You can also go through your LBS and get the same deal.

These are the only option listed for the Raidon. (not sure if the list changes, but this is what Nick sent to me a couple of weeks back)
    • Raidon LO R Air Disc Blk 26” $150.00
    • Raidon LO R Air Disc Blk 29” $175.00

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Here's mine and its been great so far. mounted on a '13 HardRock 29
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails If you want to upgrade your Suntour fork-img_1060.jpg  

If you want to upgrade your Suntour fork-img_1057.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey CDR_18, what choices were you given when choosing your fork? I noticed that yours is the Raidon Lo X2 vs the Raidon Lo R X1. Is the only difference the rebound adjustment? Nice looking bike by the way.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Thats the only available for me at that time. And looking at the specs, the only difference is the stanction color. Internals are the same. Mine is chrome x2 2012 model. The X1 is 2013 model with gold colored stanctions. Nick emailed me that its the better value for the consumers. I checked their website and my fork category falls under xc/ all mountain fork. Give them a call and see whats available. 360-737-6450

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Dizwikedcbr, I paid $175 plus 12.92 on shipping. Might be higher depending where you are. Call them for the quote 360-737-6450

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_18 View Post
    Dizwikedcbr, I paid $175 plus 12.92 on shipping. Might be higher depending where you are. Call them for the quote 360-737-6450
    thanks, im still deciding if i get the raidon or spent a little more and get the rs recon

Gnar Shredder
    Jul 2012
    Hey Guys,

Have been contemplating upgrading the XCM on my 2yr old Revel 1 (26er) even before I saw this. I was wondering what this process looks like if going through an LBS? Also, is the $150 dollar model compatible with my Revel 1? (Sorry guys still learning the finer points of MTB mechanics).

Anyway need to dig up that bike receipt hopefully I have a copy of it, if not I'm pretty sure the LBS does,

eff
    mtbr member

Yes it is compatibe with the Revel 1.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    does the air fork come with a pump?

mtbr member
    does the air fork come with a pump?
    No.

If you order the fork i would suggest taking it to your LBS and have it installed. The shop can pump up the fork to whatever you want. also a good idea to take it to the LBS since they will have to cut down the steer tube and transfer the crown race. It was fairly cheap. about the same price as a tune up.

mtbr member
    So I picked up my bike from the shop yesterday. Here's some pictures of the new fork installed. From what I can tell it's a 2010 model. I'm a little annoyed with this. Yes, it's brand new, but 3 years old already. But the fork overall look and feels nice. I haven't had much of a chance to ride it yet though. It did drop some weight from my bike as well.

mtbr member
    I wonder if I can contact SRSuntour and get a remote lock-out for my LO-R X1
    2014 Scott Scale 740

Gnar Shredder
    Jul 2012
    Is your bike a Revel 0???

So I picked up my bike from the shop yesterday. Here's some pictures of the new fork installed. From what I can tell it's a 2010 model. I'm a little annoyed with this. Yes, it's brand new, but 3 years old already. But the fork overall look and feels nice. I haven't had much of a chance to ride it yet though. It did drop some weight from my bike as well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    When i was on the process of ordering my fork, i asked the guy on the phone if later on i can add a lock-out mechanism to it. he said i could but the cost is on the high side. you have to change the internals. not just putting some screw and cable on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by n30n-dr3am5 View Post
    Is your bike a Revel 0???
    No, It's a Yukon FX.

mtbr member
    citiznkain,

Good looking bike and glad you like the fork. The 26" Raidon's that we have in stock are a custom model that we had made for aftermarket sales here in North America. They have a anodized black stanchion and come with an aluminum steerer. We only have 40 or so left so once they are gone that will be the last of them.

It is based on the same current platform of the MY2013 but would be considered MY2012.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Well, I just got my fork on order. It was pretty quick an simple. Unfortunately it's going to be about 3 weeks due to them being on back, but I can't wait to get them. I was also wondering what you used to pump the fork. Just any fork pump?
    Last edited by jk025; 03-06-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Gnar Shredder
    Jul 2012
    Sent inquiry email and called LBS to find my receipt. Trying to get my ducks in line to get one of those remaining 40 forks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    When I called to order mine they actually didn't ask for any of that info. My fork was on backorder though so maybe they'll ask for it before they ship it

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    When I called to order mine they actually didn't ask for any of that info. My fork was on backorder though so maybe they'll ask for it before they ship it
    which forks are on backorder? im planning to order the 29" raidon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SRvancouver13 View Post
    citiznkain,

Good looking bike and glad you like the fork. The 26" Raidon's that we have in stock are a custom model that we had made for aftermarket sales here in North America. They have a anodized black stanchion and come with an aluminum steerer. We only have 40 or so left so once they are gone that will be the last of them.

It is based on the same current platform of the MY2013 but would be considered MY2012.
    Thanks for the follow! This is great customer service!

Now I'm pretty excited about what I got!

mtbr member
    Is that the Raidon LO R Air Blk 26''? Was it fairly easy to install?
    "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

mtbr member
    Well, I just got my fork on order. It was pretty quick an simple. Unfortunately it's going to be about 3 weeks due to them being on back, but I can't wait to get them. I was also wondering what you used to pump the fork. Just any fork pump?
    I would suggest getting a good shock pump. They are better for high pressure applications. You might not need one on the fork because the psi will be around 80psi, give or take. Which is a little less than a road bike tire, 90 to 100. But a shock pump is more accurate in my opinion for fine tuning.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLcheesehead1 View Post
    Is that the Raidon LO R Air Blk 26''? Was it fairly easy to install?
    That is what I ordered. I had my LBS do the install because it involved cutting down the steerer tube and transferring the crown race because its a press fit.

mtbr member
    ^Is that fork 120mm or 100mm?
    "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I believe they come stock set at 100mm

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    which forks are on backorder? im planning to order the 29" raidon
    The 29er forks were on backorder when I called today. Speaking of that I need to call again and make sure I told them I needed the 29er fork

mtbr member
    100mm. I have seen other options listed, I'm not sure if there is an internal part that needs to be turned around or if you have to order a longer travel option.

Nick should be able to answer this better than I could.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    The 29er forks were on backorder when I called today. Speaking of that I need to call again and make sure I told them I needed the 29er fork
    that kinda work out, i was planning to order the 29er fork within a few weeks

mtbr member
    Did they say how long before they are available?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    So my LBS (where I bought my bike Giant Revel 1) is SERIOUSLY not trying to help me with the upgrade program. I guess Im going to call Suntour directly and go to another shop to get it put on. Is this the right thing to do?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by illmation View Post
    So my LBS (where I bought my bike Giant Revel 1) is SERIOUSLY not trying to help me with the upgrade program. I guess Im going to call Suntour directly and go to another shop to get it put on. Is this the right thing to do?
    My opinion ... Your LBS should be treating you like a customer and doing whatever you want to pay them for.

Either call direct or go somewhere else.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    wasnt aware that you can get this deal from your LBS, i thought this deal was directly for consumer only. however i think it a lot easier getting the forks directly from suntour and just bring the forks to your LBS to have them installed

mtbr member

wasnt aware that you can get this deal from your LBS, i thought this deal was directly for consumer only. however i think it a lot easier getting the forks directly from suntour and just bring the forks to your LBS to have them installed
    +1

This is what I did

2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    +1

This is what I did

And what i'm going to do when I upgrade. Krunk_Kracker how much did your LBS charge for install?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by sfb12 View Post
    And what i'm going to do when I upgrade. Krunk_Kracker how much did your LBS charge for install?
    They did a lot of stuff at the same time, but if I had just done the fork install it would have been the standard 30-or-so dollars for the service.

2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    my bike has the XCT v23 , what would be the fork for me ?
    the weather is here wish you were beautiful

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_ View Post
    i believe you have 3 options, the raidon, epicon and axon

mtbr member
    I believe it would have to be a Raidon, as you have 9mm drop outs and the Raidon is the only option for that.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by burbskate View Post
    Did they say how long before they are available?
    Sorry for the late response but they originally said 2-3 weeks but I called a couple days ago to make sure I gave them the right information and they said they got some in and will ship sometime this week

mtbr member
    Just ordered the Radion Air 29er ... Nick said they were in stock. Shipping tomorrow! Woo Hoo!!

mtbr member
    I'm confident I can install it, I've already pulled the fork off before, but not sure about cutting off ... anyone know how difficult it really is?

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

You can score a pipe cutter for pretty cheap from a big box home improvement store which should do the trick. Measure twice, cut once.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm confident I can install it, I've already pulled the fork off before, but not sure about cutting off ... anyone know how difficult it really is?
    you can use a hacksaw but it a lot easier with a pipe cutter. the cut has to be straight, if your not confident cutting it yourself, u can take the forks to your LBS, my shop only charge 8 bux for the cut

eff
    mtbr member
    Use the pipe cutter. It is way easier than a hack saw and does a better job. There are plenty of videos on how to do it.

The next thing is the star nut. Put a screw driver though it and tap it in with a hammer. Make sure it goes in straight. Measure your old star nut and tap the new one down the same distance, about 5mm - 10mm. Just do it a little at a time so you don't drive it in too deep.

mtbr member
    Don't forget to get a puller for the lower bearing race.

Might as well pay your LBS to do it after buying all the tools TBH.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

eff
    mtbr member
    The lower race taps right off with a screw driver. There is actually a detent in each side of the fork to allow you to gently tap the screw driver in and slowly work the race up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Just ordered the Radion Air 29er ... Nick said they were in stock. Shipping tomorrow! Woo Hoo!!
    Awesome! I can't wait to get my fork. Especially because my bike needs a tune up and that's when I plan on having it installed

mtbr member
    sent an e-mail to Nick , hopefully he can help me since i Bought mine through a 3rd party for cash and I have no receipt

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

Just as a side note, my lbs charged me $40 for the install. They sandwiched me in and had it done in a couple hours because I was dying to ride so I tipped the guy an extra $15. Totally worth it.

mtbr member
    I heard back from Nick , no dice for me , I really wanted to keep a Suntour fork on my bike

mtbr member
    I heard back from Nick , no dice for me , I really wanted to keep a Suntour fork on my bike
    ebay ?
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

If you want to upgrade your Suntour fork

Quote Originally Posted by GelatiCruiser View Post
    Just as a side note, my lbs charged me $40 for the install. They sandwiched me in and had it done in a couple hours because I was dying to ride so I tipped the guy an extra $15. Totally worth it.
    Just rang the lbs they said they'd do it for $25
    -Airborne Skyhawk
    -2000 Raleigh M30
    -2008 Cannondale Rush 6

mtbr member
    That's terrible. I called my LBS where I bought my bike from and he wasn't sure about this program so he called his Suntour rep and got the answer. It'll cost me $150 + $30 (labor). Just need to verify which fork I am getting.. I do not see a LO R Air 26" on Suntour's website. I see a LO R 26" coil..

Can anyone with a 26" confirm which fork you get? (Waiting on email reply from Nick while I post this).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eff View Post
    Use the pipe cutter. It is way easier than a hack saw and does a better job. There are plenty of videos on how to do it.

The next thing is the star nut. Put a screw driver though it and tap it in with a hammer. Make sure it goes in straight. Measure your old star nut and tap the new one down the same distance, about 5mm - 10mm. Just do it a little at a time so you don't drive it in too deep.
    thanks for the info - where should I measure from? Should I just measure my old fork?

Or is it a measurement from where the fork comes out of the top of the stem that I am concerned with?

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    thanks for the info - where should I measure from? Should I just measure my old fork?

Or is it a measurement from where the fork comes out of the top of the stem that I am concerned with?
    Here's a pretty thorough how to:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L86lBd4KwsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eff
    mtbr member
    Thanks GelatiCruiser.

To answer your question, from the top of the fork tube to the star nut. Once you look at it you will see.

p.s. I like doing my own work and prefer buy tools vs. having someone else do it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericgautier View Post
    That's terrible. I called my LBS where I bought my bike from and he wasn't sure about this program so he called his Suntour rep and got the answer. It'll cost me $150 + $30 (labor). Just need to verify which fork I am getting.. I do not see a LO R Air 26" on Suntour's website. I see a LO R 26" coil..

Can anyone with a 26" confirm which fork you get? (Waiting on email reply from Nick while I post this).
    Did you get your answer?

If you order an air shock you will get one. I ended up getting an RLD, which has a remote for the lock out. last i heard there was less than 40 left (of the limited ones that i was sent). keep in mind that was over a week ago.

This is what i was told.

"citiznkain,

It is based on the same current platform of the MY2013 but would be considered MY2012."

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I've got a Giant Talon 1 29er with an SR XCT 29" fork on it.

If I contacted Nick regarding a possible upgrade, what would you guys recommend me upgrading to?

I use the bike to commute as well as some trail riding.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I'm thinking of upgrading the stock Suntour XCM fork on my GT Avalanche 3.0 through their upgrade program. Not even sure where to go and in my opinion their site isn't designed too well nor does it have good product descriptions.
    Last edited by Harry Mackenzie; 03-12-2013 at 11:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 79ford View Post
    I've got a Giant Talon 1 29er with an SR XCT 29" fork on it.

If I contacted Nick regarding a possible upgrade, what would you guys recommend me upgrading to?

I use the bike to commute as well as some trail riding.

Thanks!
    AFAIK, there's only one option when upgrading with a 9 mm drop out (the quick release on the wheel is on a 9mm axle) and it's the Raidon AIR LO-R, its the only option, but it's a good one.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymouseTech View Post
    I'm thinking of upgrading the stock Suntour XCM fork on my GT Avalanche 3.0 through their upgrade program. Not even sure where to go and in my opinion their site isn't designed too well nor does it have good product descriptions.
    You need to call their customer service number or PM or email Nick. they only have a few options for upgrade. yours looks like it will take will need the 26'' LO R iwth 9mm QR. the other options available require a 15mm through axle hub.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GelatiCruiser View Post
    Here's a pretty thorough how to:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L86lBd4KwsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Duh - I always forget to look at Youtube for videos on how to do stuff! I'd rather do it myself too.

thank you for the link.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Theres another bike shop locally that will be getting a new customer. I spoke with Nick today and Im getting the Raidon ordered this week.

I will say Nick has been nothing but helpful during the whole process. Ive gotten PMs, exchanged emails, etc and I feel good about doing business with him and getting a nicer Suntour fork on my bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I've been trying to keep up with this thread, but I still have not seen the answer to my question. What is the process for this upgrade and who is eligible? If I buy a used bike with a Suntour fork would I be eligible? I'm assuming you have to send in your current fork for an exchange? TIA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
    I've been trying to keep up with this thread, but I still have not seen the answer to my question. What is the process for this upgrade and who is eligible? If I buy a used bike with a Suntour fork would I be eligible? I'm assuming you have to send in your current fork for an exchange? TIA
    I had to show a reciept that I purchased the bike. So I don't think a used bike purchase would qualify.

mtbr member
    I had to show a reciept that I purchased the bike. So I don't think a used bike purchase would qualify.
    It will not qualify.

mtbr member
    try calling Suntour and provide a serial # from the fork you have currently. #worthashot

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    try calling Suntour and provide a serial # from the fork you have currently. #worthashot
    I haven't purchased a bike yet, but if this was an option for a used bike it would help sway me in that direction. Doesn't sound like it is though...

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I haven't purchased a bike yet, but if this was an option for a used bike it would help sway me in that direction. Doesn't sound like it is though...
    Try calling them. All they asked for from me was my name, where I lived, and a credit card number. It's definitely worth a shot because if they say no, than oh well but if you call up to order one and they don't say anything you can get a new fork. Mine is in the mail at the moment.

mtbr member

Nick, or anyone else who may know,

Since I've added the 15cc of 90w, and running at the lower psi, I've noticed a thick build up after every ride, and today it developed a slight squeak that eventually went away mid-ride.

Do I need to run a little less oil and a little more pressure?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Hey Krunk,

The fork oil you installed is in a seperate sealed cartridge so it will not have any effect to what you are seeing. We use grease to lubricate our slider sleeves and bushing glides so as it builds up and a little dirt and grime get past the wipers it will leave this residue. Just wipe it off after the ride and all we will be good.

When your service schedule arrives for a lower casting cleaning and relubing you will need to use a new grease or a small amount of oil to lubricate the lowers. For most folks grease is the better option as it last longer and needs less maintenance or changes than adding 10cc of 0W oil in the bottom of the lowers before the fixing hardware is tightened.

Both of these procedures can be found on our website under the video section. We will be offering our proprietary grease in the near future.

N.

mtbr member
    All,

The customer loyalty upgrade is directed to original owners only. That being said I have been contacted by some folks and have offered them a discount but not as aggresively as through the program.

N.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'm about to upgrade it..thanks for this guide

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 213