1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    This is where upgrading a fork becomes difficult. Your Skyhawk was spec'd with an appropriate fork for the frame and other components on the bike. If you upgrade the fork at +$150, you will have spent 50% of the original value in a modification that will enable you to travel faster and through terrain that your brakes and wheels were not designed to handle. Then you will want to upgrade those parts and you will have spent as much or more than if you just bought a bike spec'd to your riding level and style.

However, to answer your question, the Raidon would be the next step up.
    I agree with what wmac said and would like to add that your fork is probably good enough for your needs especially if it's a HLO (oil damped) version. If you're sure it's not cutting it anymore or you find it to be too heavy (it's a heavy fork) I would suggest skipping Raidon and going to Epicon directly. That's just my opinion though it's not a rule.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I e-mailed suntour about this, but haven't heard back. Very busy holiday season I guess.

Are there any offers on rear shocks? I've seen these on ebay.uk and occasionally here in the states, but not much.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by watts888 View Post
    I e-mailed suntour about this, but haven't heard back. Very busy holiday season I guess.

Are there any offers on rear shocks? I've seen these on ebay.uk and occasionally here in the states, but not much.
    Might be better to call them... Their info is on the previous page.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2014 Scott Scale 740

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    Can zoom in on the 1st 2 pics but the pricing and specs are blurry... Dagger!

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    I'm guessing this isn't the entire line? I don't see any Raidon with air/lockout/rebound for ~$200??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GelatiCruiser View Post
    Really? I can read them fine... odd

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GelatiCruiser View Post

I just use Ctrl + (more than once) to make the page bigger and Ctrl 0 to return to normal display.
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I've heard back. You can get a 29" Epicon LO R Qlc White for $250.

mtbr member
    Is this offer still live?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hOlykamOtie* View Post
    Is this offer still live?
    I asked in a email and they told me there isn't a deadline for the program.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    There doing this program to get more publicity on there better stuff. But be warned if you have older components like me they many not be able to get you anything at all.

mtbr member
    Currently I have this fork "SR Suntour XCM-HLO w/Hydraulic LO, 80mm" and I'm interested on getting their Epicon model for 26" bikes. Any ideas how much I will pay and do I also need to give them my old fork?

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by SRvancouver13 View Post

Nick
    360-737-6450
    nmoore@srsuntourna.com
    you should call or email Nick.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hOlykamOtie* View Post
    Currently I have this fork "SR Suntour XCM-HLO w/Hydraulic LO, 80mm" and I'm interested on getting their Epicon model for 26" bikes. Any ideas how much I will pay and do I also need to give them my old fork?
    I did the customer loyalty plan last July and got a Raidon for $150. I believe the Epicon was $275 but it wasn't justifiable in my case. My old fork was a XCM V3 and the Raidon made a HUGE improvement. The Raidon is not nearly as pogo sticky as the XCM but of course it's not going to be like a Fox or high end Rockshox either. They do not require you to send the old fork back. I would highly recommend this program for anyone looking to keep on riding while on a budget or while waiting to upgrade to a new bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Is this works for canadian too or only US?

Cow Clicker
    You should call or email Nick.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    This would be really tempting IF i actually liked my bike and didn't want to get another one. That and i just wouldn't know how 100mm would feel vs. the stock 80mm. Though i would think half of it would be negated with sag.

Cow Clicker
    Depending on the bike, going from 80-100mm with a better fork might make you like it a lot more. For $150 bucks minus the probably $30 you could sell your existing fork for, it's not a bad gamble.

What kind of bike is it?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    Depending on the bike, going from 80-100mm with a better fork might make you like it a lot more. For $150 bucks minus the probably $30 you could sell your existing fork for, it's not a bad gamble.

What kind of bike is it?
    It's a 2011 Hardrock Disc 26er.

If I can get one for 150 bucks....it's VERY tempting. It's tempting just as an experiment to learn what the difference would be in having a better fork on it, and how that extra 20mm would affect the geo of the bike. I would probably like the slacker HT angle at least.

The problem is that i don't think that bike's geo is ever going to work for me. I need something that is more aggressive XC. And most importantly I need to bump to 29er as they offer way too many things I will take advantage of.

Cow Clicker
    Yeah, sell it and get a bad ass XC race bike.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by 77charger View Post
    Had i hadnt changed mine a while back i think i would have been all over this too.I still have my basic suntours that came on my trek
    You got two forks with your bike?

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    I have three people with XCT's on their bikes. This would be an awesome upgrade.
    I have dogs. Wish I had people.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Do you all offer anymore higher end 29" G2 Geo forks? Looking through the site, I didn't see one being G2 that I want use for my 2012 Trek Marlin.

Cow Clicker
    You should email Nick.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Can someone explain this deal to me? If I buy say a Giant Revel 1, that comes with a Fork SR Suntour XCM V3, 100mm Travel, what does this do for me? I can upgrade to what forks and whats the reduced price?

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast