1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    ^Is that fork 120mm or 100mm?
    "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLcheesehead1 View Post
    I believe they come stock set at 100mm

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dizwikedcbr View Post
    which forks are on backorder? im planning to order the 29" raidon
    The 29er forks were on backorder when I called today. Speaking of that I need to call again and make sure I told them I needed the 29er fork

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLcheesehead1 View Post
    100mm. I have seen other options listed, I'm not sure if there is an internal part that needs to be turned around or if you have to order a longer travel option.

Nick should be able to answer this better than I could.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jk025 View Post
    The 29er forks were on backorder when I called today. Speaking of that I need to call again and make sure I told them I needed the 29er fork
    that kinda work out, i was planning to order the 29er fork within a few weeks

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jk025 View Post
    Did they say how long before they are available?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    So my LBS (where I bought my bike Giant Revel 1) is SERIOUSLY not trying to help me with the upgrade program. I guess Im going to call Suntour directly and go to another shop to get it put on. Is this the right thing to do?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by illmation View Post
    So my LBS (where I bought my bike Giant Revel 1) is SERIOUSLY not trying to help me with the upgrade program. I guess Im going to call Suntour directly and go to another shop to get it put on. Is this the right thing to do?
    My opinion ... Your LBS should be treating you like a customer and doing whatever you want to pay them for.

Either call direct or go somewhere else.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by illmation View Post
    wasnt aware that you can get this deal from your LBS, i thought this deal was directly for consumer only. however i think it a lot easier getting the forks directly from suntour and just bring the forks to your LBS to have them installed

mtbr member

Re: If you want to upgrade your Suntour fork

Quote Originally Posted by dizwikedcbr View Post
    wasnt aware that you can get this deal from your LBS, i thought this deal was directly for consumer only. however i think it a lot easier getting the forks directly from suntour and just bring the forks to your LBS to have them installed
    +1

This is what I did

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
    +1

This is what I did

And what i'm going to do when I upgrade. Krunk_Kracker how much did your LBS charge for install?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by sfb12 View Post
    And what i'm going to do when I upgrade. Krunk_Kracker how much did your LBS charge for install?
    They did a lot of stuff at the same time, but if I had just done the fork install it would have been the standard 30-or-so dollars for the service.

2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    my bike has the XCT v23 , what would be the fork for me ?
    the weather is here wish you were beautiful

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_ View Post
    i believe you have 3 options, the raidon, epicon and axon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_ View Post
    I believe it would have to be a Raidon, as you have 9mm drop outs and the Raidon is the only option for that.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by burbskate View Post
    Did they say how long before they are available?
    Sorry for the late response but they originally said 2-3 weeks but I called a couple days ago to make sure I gave them the right information and they said they got some in and will ship sometime this week

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Just ordered the Radion Air 29er ... Nick said they were in stock. Shipping tomorrow! Woo Hoo!!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I'm confident I can install it, I've already pulled the fork off before, but not sure about cutting off ... anyone know how difficult it really is?

Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!

You can score a pipe cutter for pretty cheap from a big box home improvement store which should do the trick. Measure twice, cut once.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm confident I can install it, I've already pulled the fork off before, but not sure about cutting off ... anyone know how difficult it really is?
    you can use a hacksaw but it a lot easier with a pipe cutter. the cut has to be straight, if your not confident cutting it yourself, u can take the forks to your LBS, my shop only charge 8 bux for the cut

eff
    mtbr member
    Use the pipe cutter. It is way easier than a hack saw and does a better job. There are plenty of videos on how to do it.

The next thing is the star nut. Put a screw driver though it and tap it in with a hammer. Make sure it goes in straight. Measure your old star nut and tap the new one down the same distance, about 5mm - 10mm. Just do it a little at a time so you don't drive it in too deep.

mtbr member
    Don't forget to get a puller for the lower bearing race.

Might as well pay your LBS to do it after buying all the tools TBH.
    2014 Scott Scale 740

eff
    mtbr member
    The lower race taps right off with a screw driver. There is actually a detent in each side of the fork to allow you to gently tap the screw driver in and slowly work the race up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Just ordered the Radion Air 29er ... Nick said they were in stock. Shipping tomorrow! Woo Hoo!!
    Awesome! I can't wait to get my fork. Especially because my bike needs a tune up and that's when I plan on having it installed

mtbr member
    sent an e-mail to Nick , hopefully he can help me since i Bought mine through a 3rd party for cash and I have no receipt
    the weather is here wish you were beautiful

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast