1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009

I think I'm ready for an upgrade

I got a Cannondale F5 a couple years ago and I've ridden it enough to know I love this sport and will continue for years to come. I was thinking about a RZ one twenty 4 or the lowest dual suspension bike I could get. Would you recommend this or should I buy a frame and have the shop move my existing parts over?

I'm married with expenses so I will have to state the final price to the Mrs. at some point

Picture Unrelated
    The RZ120 4 is a really nice bike. It's not terribly light but it really shines in all around riding, it would be a great choice. I don't reccomend getting a frame and swapping parts because you might end up with parts that don't swap and things that don't fit and then you'll end up with a pile of junk laying around. Get the complete RZ120 4 and rock out.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks. I might consider that. Actually it's an 2009 F7. I paid 650 for it and it's barely used. What would be a fair price to sell it to a friend?

Thanks