mtbr member
    Jun 2008

I have a few questions.....

I came across your site while browsing the different bike markets.

My main questions are:

Do any of you guys do tricks on your bikes? Not as complicated as BMX but some. (i ask because i was a BMX'er.) If so what can be accomplished?

If i wanted a decent bike, but not break the bank what do you recommend? I see alot on here recommend the Specialized Rockhopper.

Without being a "Weight Weenie" what is a decent weight on a MTB? What is considered a tank?

Last........... is there a decent lite bike capable of what im asking that can take a good beating? This would be for trail, street etc... not commuting..

In the meantime I will browse this place!

mtbr member
    Tricks? Yes. I try to do some, but I'm not very good. I used to blame the bike, but then a kid half my height jumped on my XL cross country bike and did a manual for about a quarter mile down a fire road. I was blown away.

If your interest is in stunts and tricks, keep your BMX bike around. While it's possible with a bike like the Rockhopper, it's not the ideal platform for that kind of stuff. If you can, you're the man, but I'd say there are limits with an "all-around" sort of bike....it's going to excel at nothing, but be capable of everything.

A Camry is a great car.
    Can you race it? Sure. Will you win? No.
    Can you haul 3 bales of hay in it? Sure. Can you haul 55? Nope.

ride hard take risks
    Welcome to the forumz!!

Sounds like you need to X-Post over here you'll have allot of fun with riders into the same thing.

http://forums.mtbr.com/urban-dj-park/
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

OnTheTrailAgain
    I have a few questions.....
    Ok, the answer is yes, but I was drunk and it only happened once, and...

What? That wasn't your question?

Nevermind.

OnTheTrailAgain
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull30
    I came across your site while browsing the different bike markets.

My main questions are:

Do any of you guys do tricks on your bikes? Not as complicated as BMX but some. (i ask because i was a BMX'er.) If so what can be accomplished?

If i wanted a decent bike, but not break the bank what do you recommend? I see alot on here recommend the Specialized Rockhopper.

Without being a "Weight Weenie" what is a decent weight on a MTB? What is considered a tank?

Last........... is there a decent lite bike capable of what im asking that can take a good beating? This would be for trail, street etc... not commuting..

In the meantime I will browse this place!
    Seriously though, I've met a lot of former BMX'rs here (including myself).

I ended up getting a good bike for what I want (mostly street riding/Urban Assault, some trail, jump, etc...); Got myself a Gary Fisher Opie which is an entry-level bike at between $425.-$450. new and they have bomb proof frames. I purchased my hardly used/in new condition '07 Opie for $250. Check out my tips on buying used here: Hope for great bike on a budget...

From what I've found, the price increments are as follows:
    Entry-Level Hardtail Bike: $400.+ and double that as you go up the scales ($800. better hardtail, $1200. entry-level full suspension, $1600. next level, $2000+ more serious f/s, etc...). $400. seems to be the magic number.