1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    banned
    Mar 2011

I got a new bike...a new love....passion.

I said tah hell with it, pulled out all of my financial recourses and bought my dream ride. I searched long and wide for what I want to do and what I should get to do it with.

So here it is..

I want knowledge and service and my local shop deals with mostly Specialized bikes(plus I have a rep with them)

My riding style is and will always be XC/trail and I am an aggressive rider and wouldn't mind delving into a little bit of DH when the time comes...just to taste it a little and basically a do everything bike.

Getting a little older, a little more comfort than a hardtail is welcome plus I get more control and can go faster over rough stuff than hardtail so FS is a necessity

I want a bike that needs no upgrading....I don't want to do anything accept ride hard and do routine maintenance, so name brand top quality is a necessity..

Due to some health scares, my love of the sport and planning to go to Tahoe to ride, I screw the money factor...I layed down 3,000 dollars plus the rest when it gets here.

yes I am stoked...I rode one he had in the shop and it was love..... I go tthe bkack and gold one....it's a god damn awesome bike....

I have no reason to get anything more than this in my lifetime...I'll ride it hard and take care of it... It will also be my long range, traveling bike when I go on MT bike trips to well known trails around the country.. I'm now extremely serious about this sport and don't see myself doing anything else but riding.... I'll keep a nice hard tail around for local stuff.

So.....what did I get?

A Specialized Enduro Expert EVO of course

Thanks, guys/girls..... I'm ready for the big fun lol.

Formerly mtbnoobadam
    Congrats make sure to share some pics of this beast when it gets in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles
    That depends. Can you go fvck yourself?

mtbr member
    Nice, I just got a new Butcher in May and have been riding more than ever. I feel the same way....

mtbr member
    Very nice bike. Comes with a command post too. I got one and didnt know why I didnt get one sooner. These things are GREAT!

banned
    Mar 2011
    The money was a bit of a hurdle to get over, but I kept telling myself "Tahoe, awesome scenery, great ride.....Tahoe, awesome scenery, great ride.....again and again. Oh and my awesome mom gave me 500 dollars towards it also....So that kinda pushed me over the hurdle. Riding one in the parking lot at my LBS finalized the deal... I felt "at home" on it and I loved the feel of it....felt so plush and expensive lol....duh. I really feel this thing would be a riot on the trail... I pulled up to my guy at the LBS and said...Ok sign me up lol.

I was looking at a StumpJumper FSR and Epic Elite and those are awesome, but geared more toward "high end" XC/trail, not so much Chunks and heavier terrain. I knew I would never resist learning to get some air on good jumps...so I made the decision to go Heavier AM bike. In my eyes it's an XC bike that will go off the XC trail and hit some big air if I want. It just has a little more suspension is all, probably tougher hubs and bits.

I'll never out grow this bike.... It'll most likely be my last one...sooo.... I see it as a good investment....being on it in Tahoe would be priceless anyways.

banned
    Mar 2011
    My guy at the LBS says we'll go through it with a fine tooth comb when it gets here and set it all up the right way. Adjust the suspension to me ect ect.

I guess when you buy bikes like this you get VIP treatment lmao. Feels nice because I'm not a rich man... and buying a 4,000 plus dollar bicycle feels kinda weird...but awesome lol.

Never thought I'd be going this far since only two years all I wanted was a bike to take to camp browsing Wal-Mart... Funny how things go....very thankful to find the Mountain Bike culture....very grateful.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    enjoy! I've railed my enduro all over tahoe....

go do Mr. Toads Wild Ride* fer sure...

beeyouteeful place...

* be warned, Saxon trail (Mr. Toads) is a bit on the advanced side technically
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

banned
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    enjoy! I've railed my enduro all over tahoe....

go do Mr. Toads Wild Ride* fer sure...

beeyouteeful place...

I know it....just the magnitude of bike I am getting plus being Tahoe and riding a famous trail/trails plus your post....makes me nervously happy feeling lol.

Kinda like a 6 year old on Christmas morning plus 5

Mr. Toads Wild Ride* noted.

banned
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post

Ok...

I'm no Sam Hill and probably won't be doing any drastic speed passes over chunks or the like, but I am dedicating a week of riding there so I'll learn various trails and do what I can do... Shin guards, gloves and arm guards are a given.... I don't plan on coming out of there in an ambulance... I just want to do what I can do and see the scenery...... I've never been out of NY so....I'll probably stop every 5 minutes to take pics of Tahoe anyways lmao.

RideDirt
    Sweet purchase man !! I just did a pre order on a 2012 spec enduro comp lol , $3300 + taxes bla bla , but i got a good deal on it ( cant disclose price ) .It does feel a bit weird spending thousands on a bike ? but its an amazing sport and i love it . Just like you, its a longtime investment for me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    This is the part that is hard to convey on a forum. Will a cheap bike work? Yes, Will it feel the same as riding a nice high end bike on the trails? No way.

Just wait til you actually take it on a trail, you'll forget how much you spent.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

banned
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Sweet purchase man !! I just did a pre order on a 2012 spec enduro comp lol , $3300 + taxes bla bla , but i got a good deal on it ( cant disclose price ) .It does feel a bit weird spending thousands on a bike ? but its an amazing sport and i love it . Just like you, its a longtime investment for me.

Mine is a 2011 model and I got a good deal too, for being a multi 1,000 dollar bike lol. Being the EVO version it was a good deal... Still it feels funny spending all that cash...I feel sort of Elite and sort of guilty Just got to keep thinking of the good times I'll be having on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    This is the part that is hard to convey on a forum. Will a cheap bike work? Yes, Will it feel the same as riding a nice high end bike on the trails? No way. Just wait til you actually take it on a trail, you'll forget how much you spent.
    I knew as soon as I sat and pushed off with the house Enduro, it was awesome. It really felt plush and like it would be crazy fun on the trail.

I probably should of got a Epic, but I knew fully well I wouldn't resist doing some hardcore stuff that would require a bit more shocks. So the Enduro sold me when it described as being able to rip, climb like a bastard, and set up like a DH machine and can do a fair share of that as well. It's heavier than the Epic so it was a tough decision... Oh well I'm content..... I don't think for what I'm going to do a few more pounds will hurt me.

mtbr member
    Let's see some pics!

RideDirt
    Well the 2012 enduro comp only weighs 30.7 lbs stock , not bad st all for a burly FS killa .. My spec hardtail is at 30lbs lol .

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Show off your new Bikes.... Mines a Belt drive bike...

I love not having a chain for anything and everything to get caught-in. Just wanted to show it off!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I got a new bike...a new love....passion.-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    thanks for the tip.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede_Illusion View Post
    BeltDriveBike, no offense, but please make that pic smaller, it widens the screen and makes it hard for people to read text.

thanks, bro.
    Get a bigger monitor, 17 inch are 10 years ago
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I am the new one to the riding and i am riding for last 4 months and i am feeling just a new thing that completes my life.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I just love riding bikes...