1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013

I got a fuji MX-450 from my pops, anyone ever hear of it? Can't find any info.

FUJI MX 450? Has anyone heard of this?My dad gave me a fuji mx 450 he picked up for 10$, gave it a new chain and tune up. I haven't ridden in years and really dont know anything about bikes. I tried to look up the model, but no info anywhere...Has anyone heard of this bike model and have some info? It looks like a hard tail mountain bike, but has newer fatboy road tires on it. And does anyone know how much it would have cost new and anything about the year it was made. Color is royal blue, mens bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Fuji was around , might still be . Have you looked on bikepedia or bike bluebook? Need more info to guess on cost,things like derailuers,brakes, cranks ,shifters ,fork rims, headset.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rangeriderdave View Post
    Fuji was around , might still be . Have you looked on bikepedia or bike bluebook? Need more info to guess on cost,things like derailuers,brakes, cranks ,shifters ,fork rims, headset.
    I am really just looking for any info on the model mx-450 itself. I know about fuji for road bikes, but can't find anything on this model. nothing on bikepedia or bike bluebook. Its almost as if the model doesn't exist.

What could go wrong ...
    I sent you a link with info on that bike in your other identical thread ... what info are you looking for exactly?

that bike has a CroMo frame and a low end 3X6 drivetrain and was probably made in the late 80's to early 90's. New it was probably under $300.

You might try asking in the Fuji sub forum

Fuji

hope that helps
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoke2 View Post
    I sent you a link with info on that bike in your other identical thread ... what info are you looking for exactly?

that bike has a CroMo frame and a low end 3X6 drivetrain and was probably made in the late 80's to early 90's. New it was probably under $300.

You might try asking in the Fuji sub forum

Fuji

hope that helps

that is exactly what im looking for, thanks. the other link was just a pic of a bike and since i have one here i already knew what it looked like, just wanted to know from whence it came.

29ers Forever
    I found a MX-450 for sale, and the price was $100. Looks old, and it is a 26er, 18 speed (6x3), etc. It is a good beginners bike, but because of the frame being Chromoly, it would be better to ride the heck out of it and buy a new bike, not to upgrade it other than new tires, grips, etc.
    2013 Trek Cobia- 29er
    2015 Raleigh Misceo- Gravel bike
    2013 Trek 3700 Disk- 26er
    1994 Cannondale R300- narrow tire roadie