mtbr member
    Jun 2008

i cant decided!!!!

so i have a POS full suspension mountain bike and ive ridden a couple trails around my area but i like the sport and want to get more into it. So i was noticing when i rode my bike (full suspension) and my sisters bike (no suspesion) that i could get more of my energy to the floor on the no suspesion. So i decided that i needed a hard tail but, i want to get one that has up to date stuff (like a disc ready frame) that i can upgrade it if i want to but also inexpensive. some bikes i was told to look at were:
    specialized rock hopper
    "" hardrock
    trek 8 something
    and i like my dads older gt which i thoguht they made a nice one as well.

so please help me by giving expierence/ advice and my budget is about $300 used (probably going to buy off of craigslist for seattle).

i may also just get a regular no suspesnion bike and put a rock shock on it and then make the drive gears only 1 gear cause that is all i really use on the trails, i just put the left side in 1 and the right i move about freely?

mtbr member
    If you are looking for a used bike it will come down to what's available rather than what's best.

I would start by checking out where you can get used bikes from and what sort of choice you have. A good place to start is ebay.

Best of luck.

Todd

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yeah agreed. Just keep looking on craigslist/ebay and once you see something that looks good, look up the reviews on here, and ask questions in the forums

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    kk sounds good right now im sticking with a gt trek pecialized or a giant