1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010

how in the world do you post pics?

Ok so some of you may think I'm stupid but I have never uploaded pics on here and need some help/advice. I don't understand why you can't copy and paste and it asks for a URL and I can't get that to work. Any help would be appreciated.
    Spinnin' & Grinnin'

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad Rider 415 View Post
    Ok so some of you may think I'm stupid but I have never uploaded pics on here and need some help/advice. I don't understand why you can't copy and paste and it asks for a URL and I can't get that to work. Any help would be appreciated.
    if you want to upload a pic from your computer, you need to click on the paper clip icon (at the top of the toolbar). That uploads a pic as an attachment.

Or did you want to link a photo from a site like photobucket?

mtbr member
    1. Take photo
    2. Place photo on computer (usb, etc...)
    3. Goto an image hosting site (imageshack.us)
    4. Upload the image
    5. Copy and paste the URL of the image (if you cant find it on the site right click the image and select "Copy image location" or something along those lines
    5. In the post area on this forum click the yellow square box with the mountain and moon in it and paste the url (box is next to the bold, underline, etc... buttons).
    6. DONE!

- you can also do what brostar said and just attach it but that was it appears as a thumbnail
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride." - John F. Kennedy

Setup:
    11' Giant XTC 2 29er