mtbr member
    Nov 2007

how much is it worth $?, unassembled trek 4500 26in. 2001 mod. new?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi
    Hi folks I have never posted here and I am actually a flatlander now that grew up in steamboat and the west slope in the 70,s 80,s .
    I have a new Trek 4500 alum frame ,mens 26 in. it is 2001 yr. "brand new" unassembled" in the box it has rock shox forks and I think that is mostly what I wrote down .
    It was a contest prize in 2001 and just sat and I am disabled pretty bad(epilepsy) and need to sell it for the best $ to raise money to get ph. internet on for me and d.d.(9) .
    So what,s a good asking $ for this bike . when I run an add, been meaning to for yrs and now it is a must . I,m still a freind of jerrys (R.I.P.) and really need some solid advice pls. Thanks Rick in wichita ks. . "Peace"

mtbr member
    bikes depreciate in value pretty rapidly. a brand new 07' trek 4500 sells for around $550, so a 6 year old 4500 might only be worth half of that.

GT IDRIVER
    Nov 2007
    couple hundred bucks and there are plenty of people looking for a winter sled right now so you shouldnt have to much problem selling it.
    keep your chin up i have seen people in allot worse condition than yours do some absolutley amazing things. never give up

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

MTB SOCAL
    It was probably worth $500-600 back in 2001. It'll be substantially less now, 6 years later. I think if you can get $250 for it, that's pretty good. It may also depend on the components / wheels / etc.
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    hi
    Thank you all very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am limited on a lot of stuff (time) so I could,nt look around a lot .
    I think I will advertise at 250$ 275$ and see who bites . Again thanks .
    I was serious I just need to get a pkg. of phone and net. paid ahead of time for as long as possible .
    Also appreciate the thoughts hope it did,nt sound "whiny" I spend a lot of time at the V.A. so I know about not looking far to find a worse situation. thanks very much.Rick
    "it,s not the crazy people you worry about..........it,s the ones that don,t know it"..R.C.