1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

How to mount bike on Blackburn Trakstand Ultra

Can anyone tell me how to put my bike on a Blackburn Trakstand Ultra? It looks as though the resistance unit is too far forward for me to get my wheel centered between the clamps? and turning the adjustment on the RU unit does not move it back far enough.

I have the instructions, but there are no pictures of the bike mounted to it. I adjusted the legs to show 26in on the side, so figure I am at the right height, but the RU is about 2 inches too far forward for me to get my bike on there.

I feel like I am missing something obvious, and sure this should be easy. Any help?

Thanks.

Edit: Figured it out, when turning the knob to adjust the RU it was not moving back all the way. I had to turn the knob as well as push the RU, once that was done it went in easily. Now to pick up a slick tire so I don't sound like a motocross rider on there!
    Last edited by naiku; 12-05-2009 at 08:53 AM.