1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    May 2004

How do I post photos in the Gallery Section?

Hi I am a relative newbie for this site, and am having difficulty trying to post a photo in the gallery section. I cannot find the link to click on to allow me to do so. I am registered, and I can post photos on for sale ads, but I have yet to find a link that will allow me to post a photo in the Gallery section of this site. I am registered, and when I log in and view a post I can reply to one and there is a link near the top that says upload photos, but when I click on that it takes me to the log in screen. I log in again and it thanks me for doing so and redirects me, but again it never has another link where I can upload anything. I have closed and reopened the browser, cleared the cookies and the cache, refreshed the pages, but nothing allows me to post a pic. If anyone can help then let me know. Do I have to register for something else? Where does the link normally occur on the page? I go to galleries, and scroll down the list but there is no option at the top that allows me to post, nor when I click on a subheading is there an option to post either. So thanks and any help would be appreciated.

Domestic Fowl
    The photo galleries here are not very user friendly in my opinion.

At the top of most pages you'll see the link circled below. Give it a click. That's one way to get there.
    Attached Images Attached Images