1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: Hi!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Hi!

I'm new here and to mountain biking. I moved to israel a month ago, and purchased a mountain bike for the first time, a used specialized hardrock sport 29. The trails here are amazing, and there are mountains just minutes away for some intense climbs. Hi!-uploadfromtaptalk1378929780887.jpgHi!-uploadfromtaptalk1378929890291.jpgHi!-uploadfromtaptalk1378929974345.jpgHi!-uploadfromtaptalk1378930114535.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by levIsrael View Post
    I'm new here and to mountain biking. I moved to israel a month ago, and purchased a mountain bike for the first time, a used specialized hardrock sport 29. The trails here are amazing, and there are mountains just minutes away for some intense climbs.
    Looks like you are having fun! Welcome to the forum!!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Where do you go riding? I'm going to be moving there shortly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Hi! I am mark and new here.I am glad to be part of this community.It's gonna to be a great job.Thanks and welcome to everyone here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Re: Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Asherlc View Post
    Where do you go riding? I'm going to be moving there shortly.
    Where in israel are you going to be? I'm in the Jordan valley so I just ride in the valley or around the kinneret.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'm going to be in Ranana at first, before my service starts. Do you know if there are any good ways to get a bike around the country without a car?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Cool! I'm in afikim until my service and during! Yeah i believe that most busses will let you put the bike on the bus or under the bus. What program are you with? Tzabar?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Nice, that sounds awesome. I'm going to be doing Ulpan Etzion for my ulpan, but no kind of general program. Are a lot of the trails out there legal for bikes?

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Yeah at least around here. Its mostly doubletrack dirt roads. The good singletrack you have to share with cows sometimes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Haha, that doesn't sound too bad. If you want to go riding sometime PM me your email address and I'll hit you up when I get in.