1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: Hey everyone!

mtbr member

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forum. I just picked up mountain biking this summer and I am having a blast! I live in Michigan so there isn't much elevation change but there are a lot of single tracks and lots and lots of wilderness. Within the next few years I'd love to move out to Colorado or Utah and getting into mountain biking gives me even more to do out west!

Steve
    Jun 2013
    Welcome to the forum. As a newbie myself I have found a lot of resources and support in here. Great place.
    2013 Cannondale Trail SL 29er 2

So many decisions, a million revisions caught between darkness and light.

29ers Forever
    What bike do you have?
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

mtbr member

Hey everyone!

I have a Diamondback response

mtbr member
    Welcome. I also am a newbie myself ( just started riding alot last year ). This site is awesome as there is a ton of info to be had, and the people here are fantastic as there always willing to lend help and point you in the right direction.

Level 5 Rider!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus2112 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. As a newbie myself I have found a lot of resources and support in here. Great place.
    Yep same here too. Welcome to the forums Spangar! Have fun moving West... remember though that it just means you have to climb more hills. lol. Unless of course you aim to be a DH'er
    You earn 1000 exp!
    You are now lvl 5! (5/100)
    Str +3, Sta +4, MTB Skills +1, Grip +1, Iron Butt +1
    New Item - Broken pedals

mtbr member

Hey everyone!

Thanks a lot guys! Look forward to learning a lot here on the forum. And yes Desidus I wanna go downhill that stuff looks awesome

Level 5 Rider!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spangar View Post
    Thanks a lot guys! Look forward to learning a lot here on the forum. And yes Desidus I wanna go downhill that stuff looks awesome
    I will probably try out a bike park next year. Just rent some stuff.. kinda expensive though, but still would be a lot of fun.
    You earn 1000 exp!
    You are now lvl 5! (5/100)
    Str +3, Sta +4, MTB Skills +1, Grip +1, Iron Butt +1
    New Item - Broken pedals