1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member

Help sizing parts

I am upgrading my gt pantera le and don't know how buy the correct size parts. I am wanting to buy a new bb, crankset and rear cassette. I counted the crankset and came up w/24-34-42, am i correct? I have noticed alot of cranks having 2 less teeth than what i counted. I have not a clue how to buy and really hate to pay alot more to buy a the local bike shops vs. buying online. Any help would be greatful!!! I can take pics of my current parts if needed.

--Scott

ride hard take risks
    If you do alot of climbing you might want to check into 22-32-42 gives you more spin range.

mtbr member
    i don't do alot of climbing, more of a daily commuter. i found a crank set in my budget(link below) and think i will need a isis bottom bracket. the sticker on my current bb says it is a 113, but not sure of any if it is a 68 or 73. what is the difference between an isis and other bb.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-140-RITCHEY-...QQcmdZViewItem

--scott

ride hard take risks

mtbr member
    is the isis the same as V2 then? the pic was great help. i have a caliper and measured my bb and came up w/117, but have seen alot of 118mm bb. am i able to use the 118mm? thanks again ---Scott

ride hard take risks
    Sorry thats was the Shimano brand the rest of the world had to come out with a more standard without stepping on Shimanos Patnt., this is ISIS.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...m+Bracket.aspx

[SIZE=2]

[/SIZE]