mtbr member

Help sizing parts

I am upgrading my gt pantera le and don't know how buy the correct size parts. I am wanting to buy a new bb, crankset and rear cassette. I counted the crankset and came up w/24-34-42, am i correct? I have noticed alot of cranks having 2 less teeth than what i counted. I have not a clue how to buy and really hate to pay alot more to buy a the local bike shops vs. buying online. Any help would be greatful!!! I can take pics of my current parts if needed.

--Scott

ride hard take risks
    If you do alot of climbing you might want to check into 22-32-42 gives you more spin range.

mtbr member
    i don't do alot of climbing, more of a daily commuter. i found a crank set in my budget(link below) and think i will need a isis bottom bracket. the sticker on my current bb says it is a 113, but not sure of any if it is a 68 or 73. what is the difference between an isis and other bb.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-140-RITCHEY-...QQcmdZViewItem

--scott

ride hard take risks

mtbr member
    is the isis the same as V2 then? the pic was great help. i have a caliper and measured my bb and came up w/117, but have seen alot of 118mm bb. am i able to use the 118mm? thanks again ---Scott

ride hard take risks
    Sorry thats was the Shimano brand the rest of the world had to come out with a more standard without stepping on Shimanos Patnt., this is ISIS.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...m+Bracket.aspx

[SIZE=2]

[/SIZE]