Thread: Help please

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Help please

I was looking on BD and seen the Gravity29point4 does anyone know if they are good and do the frames hold up it is on sale for $699 a great price and I am looking to buy have a budget of $1000 also looked at the new access stealth as we'll tempting but for the price the Gravity is winning any help would be nice thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I'm not seeing this bike on their web site. Please post a link, or if they won't let you post links yet, PM me the link and I'll post it for you. I don't know much about bike selection, but with a link hopefully someone who does will reply.

As a rule, the forks tend to be the weak link in lower-end bikes. I doubt the frame is going to be a problem. Of course it depends on what kind of riding you do.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The Gravity Point bikes have good 'Trek' geo and the 4 has good components. It is decent value.
    .Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Gravity 29Point4 29er Mountain Bikes

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    If you go in to Bikes Dirt under 29er it is the gravity 29point4 I will try and posts like thanks for the response.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Here is a screen shot of the spec for the gravity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help please-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    2014 Access Stealth Trail 29er Mountain Bike - 29er Mountain Bikes this is for the access any help or recommendations would be great thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Ok, for what little I know about it, the 29point4 looks like it would do the job. The fork is apparently hydraulically damped, & has 32mm (as opposed to 28mm) tubes.

Check this one out:
    Airborne Bicycles. Seeker
    I see a lot of other posts recommending Aiurborne. It has an air fork, 2x10 drivetrain. The frame looks better -- the writeup implies that the Airborne has more hydroforming done on the frame then the BD, and it has the tapered headtube. They apparently want $75 shipping however.

The Performance Bike looks really nice. Great wheels I would think. Someone recommended those wheels as an upgrade to my Superfly AL Elite. I don't know if the other two can easily go tubeless or not. And about the price of the Airborne.

The BD has the better Elixer 3 brakes and the other two have the Elixer 1. I went to their web site and can't tell what the difference is for the life of me. They are dual-piston, so should be OK. Anyway, the important thing is frame, fork, and wheels. The rest can be replaced as it wears out.
    Last edited by DennisF; 01-22-2014 at 07:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I thought the Rockshox recon silver was an air fork could be wrong don't know much about them thanks for the information on the Airborne bike as well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Re: Help please

Apparently it comes with either

http://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/recon-silver-r

The safe thing to do would be to ask BD.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Cool thanks for the info like I said I am new to this everything helps.