1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    May 2011

HELP!!! - Need help dating a GT Aggressor 1.0

Hello All,

I just picked up this same year GT Aggressor 1.0 and I would like to know what year it is. The picture is not my bike it's just the same paint and decals. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Sleww
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP!!! - Need help dating a GT Aggressor 1.0-bike.jpg  

mtbr member
    if you want to date a GT Aggressor, just ask it out! bring some flowers, take it to a nice restaurant, and be yourself. and per Steven Colbert's advice, wear a bow tie. a BOW tie!

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Wasn't there a guy in Europe that got arrested for 'dating' the seat tube of his bicycle?
    ===================================
    My guess is around 1999-2000+/-

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    if you want to date a GT Aggressor, just ask it out! bring some flowers, take it to a nice restaurant, and be yourself. and per Steven Colbert's advice, wear a bow tie. a BOW tie!
    Thanks for the advice, i wonder if you noticed the urgency in the letters, H-E-L-P all in caps? LOL

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj View Post
    Wasn't there a guy in Europe that got arrested for 'dating' the seat tube of his bicycle?
    ===================================
    My guess is around 1999-2000+/-
    Thx Jeff

rebmem rbtm
    Apr 2007
    It's a 2001 model.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cobba View Post
    It's a 2001 model.

Cobba,

Thanks much!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    i do appreciate you humor though, and I <3 Staehen Colbert.

mtbr member
    Mind that fork if it's a 2001 Judy TT. It's been recalled. Call SRAM and they will still work with you on a replacement. I have one in process right now.
    Contact information: http://about.me/marpilli

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thank you, I'm checking on that with the bike shop right now. If you ever need sound equipment or lighting let me know. I can find you a good deal anywhere in the country

mtbr member
    Thanks for the offer. I turned over a 2001 Judy (edit: Jett (although the Judy was recalled, too)) TT fork to one of the local bike shops a couple of weeks ago. They called SRAM and sent the shock off for replacement. I haven't heard back, yet. But, I'm in no hurry. Even if they replace it with a Dart 1 it's still better than riding the recalled fork and worrying about the stanchions snapping in half.

Let us know what your bike shop says. I'm curious if we'll end up with the same replacement fork.

mtbr member
    FYI, I received my replacement fork today and it's a 2010 RockShox Dart 3. Looks like this.

Name:  13401_lg.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  25.9 KB