1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    May 2006

heard of these ???

I found a couple of Mt. Bikes, but I have never heard of them so I thought I could get your guys opinions on them

1. Firmstrong Landale
    2. Tank
    3.Micargi

What do you guys think ???

Life is Good
    I've never heard of any of those before. A quick google search, however, came up with bikes that look like they are department store labels. Where did you find these bikes?

From looking at the prices online (around 200-300), I'm thinking you can do alot better by looking for a bike on sale or buying a cheaper model of a regular name like Giant or Specialized.

You can find some killer deals out there, and you might end up with a nice bike for only a bit more than the price of one of the ones you listed, and it will ride MUCH much MUCH better.

ride hard take risks
    I have never heard of them either. If your looking for a good bike at a inexpensive price with a quality name check out Ibex. They are a net company & offer a excelent bike for the price.

http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/ALP-350-Details.html

http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/ALP-550-Details.html

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks guys..I will check into all those. I found them on a website and never had heard of them before....

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Oh...I am 130 lbs ..5'4" would a 21" bike be to small for me ???
    Thanks

Hairy man
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormee
    Oh...I am 130 lbs ..5'4" would a 21" bike be to small for me ???
    Thanks
    I'm 5'10" and ride a 19" bike. I'd say a 21" bike would be very large for you.

The best way to find out is to take it for a test ride, if possible.
    We all get it in the end.

A 21 inch bike would be way big for you, how did you come up with that?
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

bi-winning
    Never heard of any of 'em.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

ride hard take risks
    You will be better with a 15" frame. If you decide to go the Ibex route they are very helpfull on the sizing.