1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Had a package waiting for me when I got home.

My first set of clipless pedals came today.

Can't try them cause the shoes aren't here yet. Hopefully they come in tomorrow or the next day at the latest. I'm excited.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Awesome..enjoy em. My first pair that I just started on were also Time's (the ROC ATAC version) There great!

I Have Cookies
    Sweet! I would have opted for the pedal wrench with the chain whip on the other side for home use, but again Sweet!!
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Sweet! It helps to put the binding tension on the lowest setting when you are starting out...also, ride the bike on grass at a park ....if you are anything like me, you will fall once the first day.

mtbr member
    I have the same pedals and they are awesome. A little heavy but they are tanks. I am using the carbon versions on my new bike I am building this summer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDonkeyDisco
    Sweet! It helps to put the binding tension on the lowest setting when you are starting out...also, ride the bike on grass at a park ....if you are anything like me, you will fall once the first day.

I checked that, apparently they're set to the lightest position so I should be good to go.

mtbr member
    I just serviced mine today and I suggest you do the same so they never squeak. The whole process shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes.

Hold two small screw drivers across from each other and use the circular holes to unthread the plastic cap. Unthread the silver nut. Use a socket or punch and lightly bang the threaded end with a hammer to remove the spindle from the body. Apply lots of water proof grease where the spindle meets the body. Reassemble. Enjoy your new, great squeak free pedals.