1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: got me a creek

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

got me a creek

got me a creak on my trek sounds like its coming from the bottom bracket it only creaks when i put strain on it so going up hills mostly can someone advise???or could it be the chainring bolts or even the splines on the isis drive??? i`m dying just to take it all apart and grease it all up but will i grease the wrong parts from them to come loose??? please advise..........
    Last edited by vikingtarga; 06-26-2008 at 10:11 AM.

There's no app for this.

water in your BB?

never heard of a creek in a BB before, stay out of creeks!

Check out the repair section at Park Tools, run your cursor over the BB area and it will take you to the place to diagnose the creak.

Jim

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    haha nice half asleep well caught

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    wow easy as that drive crank arm loose but give it a full service because i hated that creak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimC.
    Jim
    are you biking in blue jeans? (or blue jeens, as the op might say)

mtbr member
    yeah, check all the stuff you said. also make sure the bottom bracket is tight and sometimes you have to grease the threads on the bottom bracket where it threads into the frame. best-o-luck!

also, dont rule out the pedals!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    yeah i greased it up and its perfect now next question why does the front wheel pull to the side its braking from when i pull it???? its a magura julie hydraulic disc brake and a mavic d321 front rim with a shimano 510 hub???

There's no app for this.

no

the pic isn't me, just a random web one for demonstrational proposes.

Jim