Good fork under $100?

I have been wanting to upgrade my suspension from the "rigid" it is right now.. I don't want to spend over $100, and I want a new fork.. not used thanks! o ya and I need a standard disc mount on the fork also
    I found these, are they any good?

This one

and this one

-Kevin

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Going from a full stiffy to any shock is an improvement. Going to a shock from a rgid may cause the front of the bike to raise too much. But of the 2 that you looked the Manitou Six looks like a good choice to start with. just my .02

Would help to know more about you, your bike, your intended usage, etc....price alone is not a good criteria. Why not go for a quality used fork? You can get a much better fork for the money that way...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

ride hard take risks
    I would agree the Manitou is the beter fork. Is your head tube 1 1/8 or 1

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

I am 15 years old, 175 pounds, 6' 2''. I have a 1 1/8 head tube and my bikes frame material is Steel (heavy as hell ). My riding is mostly XC and rougher singletrack with plenty of rocks ( I live in a county called rockland! ) nothing too technical really. The bumps and rocks are just shaking me way too much to the point where it begins to give me a headache. The reason I want a fork under $100 is that the bike I have isn't that great. It's a toyrus toy bike I put the word Rigid in quotations meaning that the fork on it currently is pretty much a rigid fork . I recently made it a single speed and its really helping me build up my muscles up without the frustration of having to fix or replace my derailur every ride. I do this just for a workout now until I can afford a REAL mountain bike. I have $150 saved up already and i'm aiming to get a jamis hardtail or Ibex. but anyways I just want some extra cushion since I ride every other day 10 miles up along the hudson river and back on a rail trail ( lots of rocks and other crap ). The day's inbetween I lift weights on my weight bench. I hope this helped and maybe you guys know sites that have the same products cheaper? well thanks again!
    Last edited by Jiffycake; 05-23-2006 at 05:33 PM.

ride hard take risks
    Very creative mind you have there. Order the Manitou beffor you scramble your brain.

will the Manitou fork clear a 26'' wheel?

Freshly Fujified

yes it will

Quote Originally Posted by Jiffycake
    The Manitou is made for a standard MTB wheel, which is 26 inches.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiffycake
    Yes it will. That is what it was made for. Nothing more, nothing less.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.