1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Good deal? Thoughts?

In the market for a new bike. Currently on an old Fuji Nevada. Found this 2013 Gt zasKar for $750 from a bike shop near me that had it returned. Felt nice riding it. Any thoughts? Seems like a great deal.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    They have different models. A Sport has a Rockshox XC 32 solo air fork. OK deal and should work for trails.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    They have different models. A Sport has a Rockshox XC 32 solo air fork. OK deal and should work for trails.
    yea its the 2013 GT Zaskar Sport with the Rockshox XC 32. Just needs new pedals. IM not crazy good at Single track and all, but just looking for a decent entry level.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogo43 View Post
    Felt nice riding it.
    That is the most important factor right there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    It did, my only concern was i never rode a 29er so it felt bigger, but i guess ill just get use to it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    And don't forget to see if it fits your body size. I know you tried the bike, but sometimes you can't judge the fit with a single ride. It's better to see if the size of the bike fits the size of your body on paper as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by adi700 View Post
    And don't forget to see if it fits your body size. I know you tried the bike, but sometimes you can't judge the fit with a single ride. It's better to see if the size of the bike fits the size of your body on paper as well.
    Yes. 6'2, inseam is 33. the bike is a XL so that should fit me well, if I'm right.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogo43 View Post
    Yes. 6'2, inseam is 33. the bike is a XL so that should fit me well, if I'm right.
    Well, then a 19" frame would be fine for you. Mountain Bike Size Sheet | eBicycles.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I think this bike was an XL, i just cant find the sizing chart for this model and year.