1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013

good deal or no??

A friend of mine is looking to get into the MTB scene on a tight budget and I found this Iron Horse Warrior. The guy said he would take $150 for it. Is that a good deal or should we pass on it?? Just looking for a more valuable opinion because i'm fairly new myself.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Sorry forgot to put the link. Haha
    26in Mountain Bike 19in Frame

B.Ike
    with only that info, you might be better off calling the bike psychic hotline...

B.Ike
    Still hard to say how much it needs. If he's comfortable on it and doesn't need a new drive train I'd say go for it. That bike still has the reflectors on it, and he bought a gel seat for it, which tells me he probably didn't trail ride very much with it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I'd make sure the bike fits first.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    ya thats what we were thinking but its not that far away so we could check it out and see how he likes it. is Iron Horse bike decent brand of bike? i've heard of it but never looked into them.

EDR

Re: good deal or no??

Quote Originally Posted by Bananas HD View Post
    . is Iron Horse bike decent brand of bike?.
    Ya it's fine. The 1.3 was a entry level aluminum offering that retailed for around $300 or so. Looks like that bike is around a 07-08 ish model. There are a ton of crappy Walmart bikes on CL for that price so in that regard its a good deal if its in good shape. Still, half off retail for a 5 year old bike is a tad much but not ridiculous IMO. He says make offer... I'd offer $100 if you like it and go from there. Make the offer in person not via text or phone. Folks who say "make offer" usually don't turn away cash that is in front of them.