1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Giordano Forza Mountain Bike

Hey, first post here!

I tried doing some research on this particular bike but came up almost empty handed as far as reviews go... so any experience or input would be appreciated!

This will be my first mountain bike purchase (coming from the BMX world) and was looking at the Giordano Forza bike. Seems like a great deal for $350 (have a limited budget).

Men's Giordano Forza Mountain Bike Outdoor Recreation | Wayfair

I dont need anything hardcore as this will mainly be ridden on streets and occasional dirt trails

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I have never heard of that bike, but at that price point you could look at used hardtails and get a much better bike. My older trek ran $200 and has a decent drive train with a low end fork. I would check with your local bike stores to see what they have.

If you are set on a brand new bike, I personally like Haro and they have the flightline one which is probably the same level of components:

Haro Bikes - MTB - Bikes - Flightline - Flightline One

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    thanks for your input!

I rather stick with brand new and something that is already equipped with disc brakes. This bike may eventually get converted to a motorized bike (still debating) so that extra stopping power will come in handy if needed.

So for $350, its very attractive, just concerned about quality really

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Not really sure what parts that bike has. It's not very descriptive so generally I would stay away. Here is a more well know brand that seems to be similarly equiped

GT Timberline 1.0 29er Mountain Bike - 2014 - Mountain Bikes

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    looks good, only downside is it's a 29er.... more interested in 26

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Any opinions or first hand experience with this bike?
    Last edited by AspenWhite; 06-26-2014 at 10:03 PM.