1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Giant Trance 2006 ?

I 'm thinking of picking up a up a brand new 2006 Giant Trance 3 for 1,200 Bucks.Has hydrolic disc brakes,Recon rock shock,Fox rear shock.I,m not sure what the other components are.The dealer says in 2006 it was an additional 500 bucks but he git a deal from the manufacturer and was able to sell it for 1,200 Should i jump on it?I rode it and love it.Fast too.Don't like the tires very much but that is easy fix.Any one have one?Could some one answer me fast because tomorrow is the day to buy.I gotta ride.Thanks Everyone

There's no app for this.

as this is

Mtn. bike REVIEW....

Here are 51 reviews from the review section:

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/xc_full_...t_124715.shtml

Jim

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thank you.That was a big help.I think i will grab one.