1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Getting a Specialized Camber Comp 29

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been riding mtb for about 2 years strong now.

I am looking for some guidance and assistance on the size bike I should get. I am looking at the Specialized Camber Comp 29. I am between a M and L on size and can't make a decision on which size. I am 5'10" and weigh 230.

Any suggestions??

mtbr member
    I am 5' 10" and 215, I have always been more comfortable on a Medium frame. I always felt just a little to streched out with the large frame. If you can get to your LBS and try out both sizes for yourself and see which you think fits you best. Good luck.
    "Ideal bikes are not bought, they evolve beneath you"

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Thanks jearl! I think I am going to go tomorrow to check out both sizes. I'm hoping the full suspension is a good buy.

mtbr member
    I just picked up my first FS three weeks ago, a Speacialized Stump Jumper FSR Comp 29. So far I could not be happier. It climbs the same as my hardtail 29, but my downhill is just so much more fun now.
    Last edited by jearl; 07-24-2013 at 06:48 AM.
    "Ideal bikes are not bought, they evolve beneath you"