Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

full face helmet carry system / sling?

11K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  zebrahum 
#1 ·
is there any sling or similar type carry system I can buy or make for a full face helmet?

Riding up 8 miles + of tough uphill with a full face helmet is just so hot and hard to breathe compared to normal top of head helmet.

But i need helmet for the downhill sections / jumps.......

So I would like to ride up with helmet off and then ride down with helmet on?

#2 ·
...few things bother me more than seeing riders going uphill with their helmets off. You have plenty of opportunity to be struck by downhill riders or making a mistake that drives you into the ground while riding uphill. I'm bothered more by road riders doing it though and I know how bad it sucks to pedal in a FF so my suggestion is this fantastic pack:

http://dakine.com/p/bike/packs/guys/nomad

Scroll down to see the FF carrying system. It can also carry your pads if you'd like.

Be safe out there.

#6 ·
I put my arm guards in my pack, leg guards in in the outside pocket, and my helmet strapped to the outside of my pack. I use a Camel-bak MULE. The outside flap is perfect for attaching through the full face of my DH helmet. Most of the time I ride it's up a closed road. When I'm doing a little XC before the DH I'll wear my XC helmet and strap it to my pack on the way down.

Pictures of it all put together:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.