1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Fuji 29er Tahoe Pro. Good bike?

Hey guys wanted to know what u guys think of this bike. I can get it on BD for $679 free shipping and no tax

Save up to 60% off Mountain Bikes - MTB - Fuji Tahoe 29 PRO

Would this be better than the Motobecane fantom x5?

Fat-tired Roadie
    I don't know. What's on the bike you have? I remember you weren't very happy with your brakes, but really know nothing about the rest of the spec.

Is that Fuji the right size for you?

The spec and brand name make me think it must have been sitting in a warehouse for a few years. Nice spec for a few years ago, and it's not like things have changed that much since then.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Right now I have a Windsor Cliff29.1 single speed fully rigid. I was thinking that the money I will spend to make my bike a multi speed, plus good brakes plus front suspenssion I will probably spend the same as buying a new one. So my thoughts was sell my SS and buy this one. I like the fact that has the juicy 5 brakes, and x7 components.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Ohh and I absolutely love the color :0)

Fat-tired Roadie
    Sounds like a plan.

Expect to spend some money getting the fit dialed, and you're probably going to want some help finishing assembly and tuning, so expect that to cost some money too.

I'm a fan of buying local, but I'm sure you've read all the rants on both sides more times than you really cared to.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Yea this would be my 4th bike from BD so building it won't be a problem. And yea will take it to get it tuned $50

mtbr member
    I just opened the link, the only frame size was small. Is that your correct frame size ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Well I currently have a xsmall on my windsor and I think is too short to me I'm 5'8 so the 17 will be good