• 10-15-2012
    aquito
    Fuji 29er Tahoe Pro. Good bike?
    Hey guys wanted to know what u guys think of this bike. I can get it on BD for $679 free shipping and no tax

Save up to 60% off Mountain Bikes - MTB - Fuji Tahoe 29 PRO

Would this be better than the Motobecane fantom x5?
  • 10-15-2012
    AndrwSwitch
    I don't know. What's on the bike you have? I remember you weren't very happy with your brakes, but really know nothing about the rest of the spec.

Is that Fuji the right size for you?

The spec and brand name make me think it must have been sitting in a warehouse for a few years. Nice spec for a few years ago, and it's not like things have changed that much since then.
  • 10-15-2012
    aquito
    Right now I have a Windsor Cliff29.1 single speed fully rigid. I was thinking that the money I will spend to make my bike a multi speed, plus good brakes plus front suspenssion I will probably spend the same as buying a new one. So my thoughts was sell my SS and buy this one. I like the fact that has the juicy 5 brakes, and x7 components.
  • 10-15-2012
    aquito
    Ohh and I absolutely love the color :0)
  • 10-15-2012
    AndrwSwitch
    Sounds like a plan.

Expect to spend some money getting the fit dialed, and you're probably going to want some help finishing assembly and tuning, so expect that to cost some money too.

I'm a fan of buying local, but I'm sure you've read all the rants on both sides more times than you really cared to.
  • 10-15-2012
    aquito
    Yea this would be my 4th bike from BD so building it won't be a problem. And yea will take it to get it tuned $50
  • 10-15-2012
    mrenteria342
    I just opened the link, the only frame size was small. Is that your correct frame size ?
  • 10-16-2012
    aquito
    Well I currently have a xsmall on my windsor and I think is too short to me I'm 5'8 so the 17 will be good