Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Found some nice DVD's

534 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Ganymede_Illusion 
#1 ·
Found some nice DVD's in a thrift store yesterday about DownHill time trials and racing lots of freeriding and features about guys like Sam Hill back in 2004/2005.
It showed Whistler and lots of Italian footage with racing done by guys who get payed to ride:thumbsup:

The only thing I could think while watching these DH videos is that....these guys/girls are truly crazy(in a good way)

Do DH riders really get speeds of 78 MPH?

It showed pros going across chunks and crashing onto them....I mean crashing into jagged chunk rocks at speed. WTF?

It did a feature on Sam Hill, considered the best MT bike rider in the world right now.

These guys hardly pedal and it looks like no matter how big the rock or whatever is in the way, they just roll over it like they don't give a crap.

They talked about guy with a broken back, broken arm, finger and ribs lol....

The free riding is nuts...truly nuts.

I got into riding late, but even when I was really young, I don't think DH or freeride is NOT my style.... XC and cross country..well. You have to be in good shape since you have to actually pedal unlike DH.....:thumbsup: I saw Sam Hill drinking a Red-Bull and a Mountain Dew before his run lol.... An XC guy wouldn't do that.....

Heck I find enough rough stuff and fun from XC and I don't risk breaking my back from it...

DH riders are just nuts but I suppose if yo uride for multi millions....you'd risk everything.

See less See more
#2 ·
I also saw a guy clip a tree and literally went flying through the air, saw another land a bad jump and got his head planted hard into rocks....You could see blood coming from his helmet when they walked him out....

Nah....DH is for the crazy and people who ride for milions. I don't think I want to risk my life for merely fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.