mtbr member

Which fork upgrade should I go with?

I am just getting started in mountain biking and just bought Diamondbacks response comp. I am already looking to see if I should upgrade the forks. The bike came with Marzocchii Mz 3's and says its good for free ride and all mountain but the forks dont lock out which I dont like. So I was looking at the Marzocchii all mountain 1 or all mountain sl not sure which ones would be better. Also what is ride height? I see people say 3 inches, 4 inches, 5 inches and so on where is that measured from and how do you know if the forks are to big for your bike thanx in advanced

ride hard take risks
    The only thing a lockout is good for is climbing otherwise your better off with a fully active fork. If you insist on spending money i would go with the All Mountain 1.

mtbr member
    thanx, thats the one I was leaning towards. Is the 06 better than the 05? if so, whats different?

Freshly Fujified

5" travel

Don't go over 130mm travel. The bike was outfitted with a 120mm travel fork, so stick to that 5" general area. I would go for a leftover '05 AM and save yourself some $$. I don't beleiev ether's much of a difference if any.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    I saw they make the 05' am1 in two different sizes 110-130 and 130-150. So I should go with the 110-130?

ride hard take risks
    That is correct 110-130 is what you will want.