1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: Fork change

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Fork change

I have 2 bikes with suspension forks different headsets though (both ahead 1 1/8). I want to change the fork from one frame to the other. Do I still remove the crown race from each fork? Or they are all the same and I don't need to? Do I need any special tools to remove if needed? Thanks.

Is dang happy!
    You can tap it out with a flathead screwdriver, work slowly and be sure to seat it correctly (flush) on the new fork.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    yeap.. follow Mr.Doom's advice.... on some brands different models use the same race (like cane creek) but this is not usually the case, so swapping them is a safer bet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doom
    You can tap it out with a flathead screwdriver, work slowly and be sure to seat it correctly (flush) on the new fork.
    How do you seat it correctly? With the same method? Screwdriver, or it sits without pressing it too hard?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    that is an option.. do it with care..... you can also use a PVC pipe...