1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: Fork

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Fork

Well I was trying to figure out how to take apart the front fork on my hairtail k2 because I got it from a friend probably 2 years ago and he had it for I don't know how long before that so I figured maybe it could use some maintenance and it might be fun to learn a little. The fork is an RST Gila TL and I unscrewed some kind of screw from the flat bottom of the fork by the tire and then I decided to do more research before I started breaking something. Well the screw on one side went back in but, the screw on the other side didn't. The one that isn't screwing back in completely seems to be pushing on a spring.

I have no clue if I jacked something up on not so I was hoping someone would tell me how to get the screw back in place so I can do more research before trying to take it apart again.

Thanks,

Nate

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    Have you tried the manufacturers website? Or try X-posting in the suspension forums. Pics always help. Good luck. Sorry I couldnt be more help.
    I'm a ******bag in real life so I dont have to be one on the interwebz.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Well I got it fixed so forget about it haha