1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: Flat tire help

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Flat tire help

Was about to head out for ride and noticed my front tire was very low on pressure…maybe 10psi, figured I had a slow leak.
    Took the tube out and fill it with air…like 25psi, but I don’t see/hear any signs of a leak! 12 hours later and the tube is
    Still inflated at 25psi. I’m confused now….do I have a leak or not???

addicted
    probably not, tubes lose air over time. best to check the pressure before every ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Sometimes the valve leaks and then when you disturb them to air it up, they reseal. Or someone was messing with your bike, like my kids do sometimes. They like to let the air out of my shock and then I think it has a leak.

mtbr member
    As previously stated, tubes lose air very slowly (depending on thickness or walls, material, and valve). Tubeless tires can lose pressure even faster. There may or may not be a hole and just because you can't hear or see any leak doesn't mean it's not there as some are extremely small and almost impossible to spot. If it's working for you I'd run it but next time you're tube is out, I would inflate it and then put it under water and watch for air. I've had punctures so small I have needed to squeeze to create more pressure to find them.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee