Thread: fit question

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

fit question

Might a 16" Bianchi M.U.S.S fit me? I am 5' 8" with a 31" inseam. I figure I am on the big side for this frame, but thought maybe...

thanks,
    Chris

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by onsight512 View Post
    Might a 16" Bianchi M.U.S.S fit me? I am 5' 8" with a 31" inseam. I figure I am on the big side for this frame, but thought maybe...

thanks,
    Chris
    the most important thing in fit is the effective top tube (EFT) length. That is usually a measure from the center of the head tube at the top head set race along a plane parallel to the ground to a point in the center of the seat tube/post.

I am 5'10 and prefer to singlespeed riding a bike with approx 23.5" EFT. This makes the bike a long enough to be comfortable out of the saddle when grinding up a hill and allows a flatter back when hammering in the saddle. For me it the perfect XC race setup and length. I will tune comfort with stems of varying length but usually ride a 100mm stem with that setup.

If riding a more AM/FR full suspension bike I like to have at least 1/2" or less for the EFT. It makes the bike more nimble and maneuverable and I will run a stem around 50-70mm for more rear weight bias and to loft the front a little easier.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Thanks much for the info.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I would think it might be a little small, only cause your legs are a bit longer, I think your back will bent forward too much when riding.