1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
    RJ3
    mtbr member
    May 2013

First rides, unknown CL Bike. But I Have a Picture.

Attachment 804074Attachment 804080Attachment 804082Attachment 804081

bought this of cl for $100, put about $50 into it. it looks like a spray paint job, i have no idea what kind of bike it is. the cap on the headset says haro, so i assume its a haro. i also know nothing about mountain bikes, having never owned or ridden one. but hey, im unemployed, might as well take up something new.

well whaddya think? hit me. a worthy entry level ride or a clunker? it looks pretty beat up so i figure if its taken a beating and lived through it, its probably worth beating up some more.

i did 2 short rides to try to figure out how to ride a trail, and then my first longer ride yesterday. dunno what i think yet. the dirt is from yesterdays ride btw, i didnt buy it like that.

mtbr member
    Ride it with a smile.