1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.

Thread: First endo

mtbr member

First endo

Today I am celebrating my first endo and dirt sandwich. Happened just a few hours ago and I'm comfortably sitting on my couch reliving the moment. It took a year, but it seems worthy.

I'm really thirsty, but getting up isn't an option.

Enjoy your Sunday!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Well congrats? Care to elaborate? :-P

mtbr member
    Bike OK?

mtbr member
    Welcome to the club! There is more to come.

mtbr member
    I endo'ed today too...first time in a while. I was on my new carbon bike. I got up a little slow but I checked my frame before I checked my body...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    I had time to tuck & roll instead of endo. Dang hikers & my speed made the choice for me as to which fork to take. I had to bomb a small section to trail I had never been on. First feature I saw was a two foot step. Cleared it and was fine til the back tire would not come out of the eight inch deep rut I was trying to hop. Glad it wasn't rocky.

mtbr member
    Lucky you. My crash today was mid-rock garden. I'm feelin' it now a few hours later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    Dang hikers & my speed made the choice for me as to which fork to take.
    Translation: you rode too fast.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

My little friends
    Were you clipped in? that adds a bit to the adventure! I've endoed dozens and dozens of times. It's gotten to the point that I just unclip. step over the bars and wait for the saddle to hit me in the back!

mtbr member
    Oh yeah, I was definitely clipped in, but ejected with such force it released the bindings.

Basically I was rolling through the woods at decent (but not crazy) speed and went over some rollers. Got airborne on the last one but unfortunately launched from a poor line position (too far to the edge of the track), lined up perfectly with a stump obscured by overgrown ferns.

As I was about to land, I realized it was going to suck, but there was no avoiding it. Next thing I know, I'm picking dirt out of my teeth. My first concern were the carbon rims recently installed, then I checked my body out.

Fortunately no damage to the bike, but my back is sure feeling it today. (I landed mostly on my left side). Later in the ride I had another small spill, which tore my front brake line, which prompted a trip to the LBS for replacement (I don't mess with hydro brakes).

Boy I can't wait for the next one!!!!

Not.