1. The most important thing about buying a new bike is to make sure it fits. The only way you'll know if the bike is right for you is to size up the bike and make sure that the bike's geometry matches your body's geometry. Ask questions and do some research.
mtn. biking 101
2. If possible, try to find a shop that will let you demo the bike on real dirt. Five minutes in a parking lot won't cut it. You wouldn't buy a car without a real world test drive, and a bike should be no different.
3. Don't belive the hype. Just because your favorite rider or best friend rides a certain bike, that doesn't mean that's the best one for you. Have an open mind and be realistic about your needs and ability.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Fezzari, how good is this brand

I'm considering this bike:

http://www.fezzari.com/hard-tail-cro...ngs-peak-2011/

Got another week to decide as i'm buying something at the end of the month.

How good is that brand, their components seem better than most in that price range.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    My buddy loves his. I've been nothing but impressed with those I've tested out and everyone I've run into on the trail loves them. Good build and the guys who run it have been super friendly etc. Check out the reveiws of them if you want more info on a specific model ( ie, click above for reviews, there is a whole section on fezzari)

mtbr member
    you can never trust reviews, when they are on the site they came from. Obviously they'll never post anything negative. Not saying there are any negative, would just like impartial or real world responses, like yours.

What bike does your friend have?

Dirt Huffer
    Seems a bit over priced even with the mark down. Cheap fork and cheap wheelset. I think i'd rather buy something better equiped on www.bikesdirect.com or something made by Sette.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I meant the reviews on THIS site ( this is mountain bike REVIEW after all ) . There is an option to look at reviews based on manufacturer. All have pretty high reviews. Fezzari's carbon frame bikes are overpriced, but the rest are well priced I'd say. He has an Alta peak

http://www.mtbr.com/mfr/fezzari/mpr_13461crx.aspx

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AC/BC View Post
    Seems a bit over priced even with the mark down. Cheap fork and cheap wheelset. I think i'd rather buy something better equiped on www.bikesdirect.com or something made by Sette.

Sette would be comparable, but the fezzari frames and geometry beats any BD hands down. I don't even mind BD stuff, but having ridden both, the fezzari is a better bike. You can slap XT components on any bike, but that doesn't make it 'as good'. Alot more goes into a good bike that a nice derailer.

What you'll find with fezzari is they really want you to have a bike you're ahppy with. They can swap parts if requested, to make sure it fits you how you want and really do have good service. Some of the same argument for LBS's I'd say apply to them is all. Not saying they are the 'cheapest' bike out there, but one of the better values in the long run I'd say.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbtoyou View Post
    Sette would be comparable, but the fezzari frames and geometry beats any BD hands down. I don't even mind BD stuff, but having ridden both, the fezzari is a better bike. You can slap XT components on any bike, but that doesn't make it 'as good'. Alot more goes into a good bike that a nice derailer.
    I also like the fact they'll custom fit the bike to me, i got fully measured at REI, so i have the measurment sheet to send to them, plus you can upgrade the componants.

I'm just not sure if i'm being swayed by there website (which is easily the best bike site anywhere).

Dirt Huffer
    You can slap XT components on any bike, but that doesn't make it 'as good'. Alot more goes into a good bike that a nice derailer.
    You're right. I place the highest emphasis on the wheelset and the fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ldollard View Post

I'm just not sure if i'm being swayed by there website (which is easily the best bike site anywhere).

I've dealt with them in person. I live 30 minutes from their main facility. My buddy dropped his out of hit truck a few weeks back. They fixed it free, replaced the saddle and grips that were getting worn in, and while I was waiting, tuned up my diamondback for free. They are good guys in my book.

Obviously this is above and beyond what would regularly be expected, but they did it. Made him happy, made me happy and I'll be looking at them for sure when I buy a FS.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AC/BC View Post
    You're right. I place the highest emphasis on the wheelset and the fork.
    The wheelsets on their All mountain are fine, not top end, but not terrible, and I think a sektor 150mm air ( ie, $450 - $500 fork) is plenty. Not everyone needs to spend $1000 on a fork. Their lower end stuff is overpriced, yes. Just like trek, and specialized.

I'm realy failing to see the huge value in BD. Their forks and wheelsets are just as crap on their lower end stuff as well, and they aren't that much cheaper.

JGL
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Got my wife a Wiki Peak three years ago. Since that time it has been thrashed, mostly by my son. The frame build quality is great. I feel like the bike is a good value.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    We have three Fezzari bikes in our house, and I'll probably add another in the next few months.

AZ
    banned

What you'll find with fezzari is they really want you to have a bike you're ahppy with. They can swap parts if requested, to make sure it fits you how you want and really do have good service. Some of the same argument for LBS's I'd say apply to them is all. Not saying they are the 'cheapest' bike out there, but one of the better values in the long run I'd say.

Fezzari and Sette are the same catalog frame FWIW.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by riderRuss View Post
    We have three Fezzari bikes in our house, and I'll probably add another in the next few months.
    which ones do you have?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    which ones do you have?
    CR2, Catania (road bikes).

Nebo mountain bike. Had a Wiki and older Nebo for a bit and sold them. My wife rode the Wiki. She's more of a roadie. My co-worker has the Alta, and he loves it. I'm looking at getting a 29er ninety9ninety as well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Fezzari and Sette are the same catalog frame FWIW.
    Take 2 seconds comparing their mountain bikes, and you can tell that's not true.

mtbr member
    Are the kings peak or lone peak:

http://www.fezzari.com/compare/produ...2011/lone-peak

good for someone getting back into it, the kings peak is right around the same cost as a cannondale sl3, so its a pretty difficult decision to make.

AZ
    banned
    Take 2 seconds comparing their mountain bikes, and you can tell that's not true.
    Really? The same factory in Vietnam makes them, they are catalog frames.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fezzari, how good is this brand-175%2520setvx9__main_one.jpg  

Fezzari, how good is this brand-1290472436_widows-2011-180.jpg  

banned
    Sep 2010

Wrong, they are both made by Astro Eng. a company in Communist Vietnam, this has been discussed on these boards before if you bother to take 2 seconds to search.

mtbr member
    So if i buy a Fezzari i'll be supporting communists?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    So if i buy a Fezzari i'll be supporting communists?
    If you buy a bike for a reasonable price you'll be supporting some other country, yes. USA made bike frames are significantly more expensive. However, I'm of the opinion that the same frame != the same bike as well. Sette bikes are also good bikes. Fezzari owner's roommate owns a sette. It seems significantly heavier build than the fezzari. But good bikes, and can be found for great deals as well.

I won't lie, you are paying for the sizing/customization/support for the fezzari, but I personally think it is worth it. Still a better deal than going to a local Trek/Specialized dealer IMO.

mtbr member
    If you buy a bike for a reasonable price you'll be supporting some other country, yes. USA made bike frames are significantly more expensive. However, I'm of the opinion that the same frame != the same bike as well. Sette bikes are also good bikes. Fezzari owner's roommate owns a sette. It seems significantly heavier build than the fezzari. But good bikes, and can be found for great deals as well.

I won't lie, you are paying for the sizing/customization/support for the fezzari, but I personally think it is worth it. Still a better deal than going to a local Trek/Specialized dealer IMO.
    Sorry for making you reply, i was joking, i don't really care where its made, i was being sarcastic to the guy that seemed to actually care about communism in the 21st century.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Sorry for making you reply, i was joking, i don't really care where its made, i was being sarcastic to the guy that seemed to actually care about communism in the 21st century.

So 21st Century Communism is Ok? Neg rep for communists.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    So 21st Century Communism is Ok? Neg rep for communists.
    I dont want to start an argument here, but clearly you have no real idea what communism is really about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism

China, Russia and all the rest twisted it to their own ends, but as a socio-political process its actually a good one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    i would slam that Dart 2 on the floor and toss it across the street to get run over.nice bike but needs a better fork. quite pricey too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast